Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vin Missing On Engine

dins1

Hi all,

I just saw a Yaris 1.3 SR 2008 plate. All looks good but the VIN is missing on the engine at the bottom. The VIN matches on the passenger door pillar and under the drivers seat. Is the VIN on the engine a sticker than can come off or should I stear clear of this one. I have not done a HPI check yet, but will once someone experienced with the car on here gives me a definate answer. Thanks.

VIN is normally only on the chassis, its the engine number I assume you're on about?

The VIN is not on the engine, only the engine number

VIN is normally only on the chassis, its the engine number I assume you're on about?

Hi, according to the manual the VIN is also on the engine near the engine no. Does yours have this? I thought it should be a plate on the front of the car when you open the bonnet however the manual states its on the engine itself at the bottom right. I have also just done a vehicle check, the car has come back as a manual 5 speed, but it is a auto. HMMMMM. All else is ok, dealer stamps for service history, 2 lady owners, Mileage correct against the service stamps and MOT. The VIN was also correct on the pillar and under the drivers seat. What do you think.

The VIN is not on the engine, only the engine number

Ok is there a VIN located in the engine bay? I did a HPI check and the car has come back as a manual 5 speed, but it has a auto gearbox.

The VIN number is located in several places, under the bonnet, on the door pillar etc

PM me the reg number and I will tell you what I have it listed as

The VIN number is located in several places, under the bonnet, on the door pillar etc

PM me the reg number and I will tell you what I have it listed as

Hi, PM sent. The VIN matches on the passenger door pillar and under the drivers seat. However there is no VIn in the engine bay. a HPI check has come back stating the car is a manual 5 speed but it is an auto. Thanks.