Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2015 Avensis 1.8 Cvt Sports Touring

Simon-R

Looking at new car, currently have 2009 2.2 Diesel Avensis Estate T Spirit, Looking at a new Business Edition + Sports Touring 1.8 CVT.

Has anyone got one, does it feel gutless when loaded and what fuel economy are you getting?

My journey 4 days out of 5 is a 3 mile journey to the train station then the other day is a 150 mile motorway journey hence the choice of petrol.

Welcome any feedback.

I have had a 2010 version since early 2012. Have had automatics of various guises, large and small for many years and this one replaced a 2.4 petrol Honda Accord. The main difference between the diesel you have and the 1.8 CVT is the low down torque. You will need to adapt to a different style of driving, it will be more relaxed with less low down power but that's not to say the 1.8 is a slouch. No it's not a hot hatch but once you master and get used to the CVT box and the sport mode when you need to get away quickly it will be just as useful. On a long motorway run cruising at 75 - 80 with a moderate load I have returned around 40mpg. In general everyday use with a combination of short, mainly rural and once a week motorway journey of 100 miles I am getting 38mpg. This is the only Toyota I have owned and have been very pleased with it. Would I buy another? Yes and probably will when it's time for me to change though it might be an Auris Hybrid Tourer but still undecided.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links