Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wing Mirror Wont Close Or Open

pg monkey

Hi I have a small issue that I hope some one can help me with I have just bought a 2008 1.5 Ractis auto Japanese Import Great car I Love it to bits but I have a problem with the passenger side mirror it won't close or open when I push the mirror button on the dash the drivers side opens and closes perfectly . Trouble is when I first got the car I didn't know the mirrors were electric and a friend of mine swung the passenger mirror round when I parked up Thanks Mate .Any way the mirror can only be moved by hand and it feels as though the motor and mirror have been disconnected as when the mirror is in the open position it flops around in fact if I am doing more than 70 mph the whole unit vibrates in wind sorry to be long winded about this but I have read all posts on electric mirrors but none seem to cover what I want to know . I want to take advise before stripping down the mirror to see what's happened Thanking you in advance By the way found this site so helpful we are not all experts or top mechanics so a dumb question to you is a life saver to others

Sounds like the pivot has been damaged.

Thread moved to the Verso S club

Thanks Frosty I think you are right I shall have to investigate more

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links