Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Avensis Key Gave Up! Magnet Involeved

JamieRF04VEA

Havent really posted on here from ive joined but going to more often. Just to give the heads up as some of yous may have heard if you have a magnet on your car keys there is a good chance it will burn the chip out. Happend to me last week and now im down 200 quid, Ordered new key from toyota and its going in next week to get programmed in. But ill not give up on her yet 😁

image.jpg1_zpsoowyazf6.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up regarding the key.

The photo looks great. You are going to get questions about the body kit. You have been warned.

Yea i work for a tyre centre and the alarm is set by a magnet and it got to my car key.

No body kit on my avensis, its a T2 estate lowered on temporey wheels. Thanks

is the lower grill missing in the front bumper

• Like 1

K

Well spotted, yea removed it to see how it would look, but prefer to keep the car oem. Facelift bumper, wings, and headlights going on in a few months after i get new rear bumper from toyota.

let us know how you get on. Looking at it at the moment I think something needs doing to the headlights maybe a slight tint on them, and the side skirts need colour coding, and some fog lights in the front bumper.

Yea i work for a tyre centre and the alarm is set by a magnet and it got to my car key.

Thanks for the heads up regarding the key.

The photo looks great. You are going to get questions about the body kit. You have been warned.

K

Well spotted, yea removed it to see how it would look, but prefer to keep the car oem. Facelift bumper, wings, and headlights going on in a few months after i get new rear bumper from toyota.

let us know how you get on. Looking at it at the moment I think something needs doing to the headlights maybe a slight tint on them, and the side skirts need colour coding, and some fog lights in the front bumper.

The way the picture shows the car, with the lowered stance and the missing grill, made the car look like it had a kit.

if you go for the facelift conversion you may need the mirror with the indicators as the facelift does not have the indicators in the wings.

if you go for the facelift conversion you may need the mirror with the indicators as the facelift does not have the indicators in the wings.

Thanks dont have to change the wings but im going for the smooth look along the side, just meed to order the wings septate as it will be a pricey bill for all the parts. Only thing ill prob get second hand is the facelift rear lights but its all in time. Think ill start getting parts this month. T3x seats and armrest got so they will all be fitted next week and thinking of changing to rear electric windows but need to look into it. Ticked on 346000 miles today so im chuffed so far

Thanks Conrad want it lower tho but coilovers are abit of a stretch this year to order

Thanks dont have to change the wings but im going for the smooth look along the side, just meed to order the wings septate as it will be a pricey bill for all the parts. Only thing ill prob get second hand is the facelift rear lights but its all in time. Think ill start getting parts this month. T3x seats and armrest got so they will all be fitted next week and thinking of changing to rear electric windows but need to look into it. Ticked on 346000 miles today so im chuffed so far

would it not be cheaper to get all get all used parts, mind you I have not seen that colour in a facelift.

346,000 miles is a achievement, at what miles did you get the car and what have you replaced so far.

I tried the facelift rear lights on mine but didn't do the facelift conversion, I liked it for a couple of weeks then went back to the original.

here is a link

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/163092-avensis-mk2-t25-facelift-rear-light-cluster/

would it not be cheaper to get all get all used parts, mind you I have not seen that colour in a facelift.

346,000 miles is a achievement, at what miles did you get the car and what have you replaced so far.

I tried the facelift rear lights on mine but didn't do the facelift conversion, I liked it for a couple of weeks then went back to the original.

here is a link

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/163092-avensis-mk2-t25-facelift-rear-light-cluster/

It would be cheaper but im abit of a freak when it come to parts, yes i dont mind some second hand parts but new metal and bumpers are a must, nearly all the clips on bumpers are broke so might aswell get new ones. And yea your right its very rare to get one in that colour as a face lift but beleive it are not there is a t180 hatch facelift in the same town as i live in, its a taxi tho and has a few scars but going well.

My father got the car back in 2006/2007 as it was brought in from england, doncaster, company car. Had 54k my father used it as a taxi till 3 years ago. I got it with 297000. It gets a full service every 8k to 10k depending if i have time to go to toyota, only major thing its had is a clutch again this year. We went for the solid clutch twice now and it dose great on it, bit of a cheap way out of things but ran great on it before the toyota clutch was changed. Engine, turbo, gearbox have never been touched other than timing belt being done. Wheel bearinngs etc etc but nothing major. Car drives great and handles like its on rails but You do feel more to the normal avensis as mine is lowered 30mm. But still a nice comfort drive. Hope i can reach the big million some day as ill never get red of it, thing its just a part of the family and the gf loves driving it and has a soft spot for it. The car dose get drove easy but i do open it up every day are two days just to clean the crap out off it. Still a lively engine, my father says its still a better car than his 07 tr avensis d4d.

• Like 1

I normally use used parts if needed, I just check before I buy that all locating tabs, brackets are intact, buying used genuine body panels are much better than buying copies in my opinion.

seems like its been a good to you and your father.

does the solid clutch ever go heavy?

I wish you luck reaching million miles target. mind you 300,000 is a good achievement on original engine & box.

• Like 1

I normally use used parts if needed, I just check before I buy that all locating tabs, brackets are intact, buying used genuine body panels are much better than buying copies in my opinion.

seems like its been a good to you and your father.

does the solid clutch ever go heavy?

I wish you luck reaching million miles target. mind you 300,000 is a good achievement on original engine & box.

. Yea would never buy copy Panels myself, only place I go for parts in Toyota and there always keen to know how the car is going. Clutch is perfect and never feels light are heavy, think it's a nice feel of clutch and doesn't jump! Yea hope it can do it as carinas done it. People don't believe it when I say same engine 😂😂

i never knew the avensis as a cruise machine.

lol

edit.. no biggy! though looks clean.

. Haha thanks, I surprise a lot of cars when it comes to pushing a car. Had a we go at a civic ep3 last night threw some roundabouts and that's just say I think he went home crying! 🙊

damn magnts

if its not phone case magnets, wrecking your bank card or internal phone compass or gyroscope

its !Removed! fuel saver magnets fleecing you of your money

or fridge magnets wrecking your car key

yada yada yada

I'm lowered 30mm too nice happy medium of power out of roundabouts etc and comfort

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links