Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2014 Auris Icon - Fitting Front & Rear Parking Sensors

tamtoot

Good day all.

I had after market front parking sensors fitted to my wife's, 2014 Auris Icon last month, which after a week, developed a problem with the on/off switch. This fault also took out the reverse selection 'beeper'. I had the installation man revisit to fix the on/off switch fault and now the front sensors operate as intended. He also had a search around but could offer no reason why the reverse selection beeper has packed up....any idea's out there?

We're now having reverse parking sensors fitted on the car next week, as both she and I had wrongly assumed that with a OEM rear parking camera fitted, the reverse selection beeper sound was triggered by parking sensors hidden within the rear bumper. Glad neither of us tested it out on a wall or another car....and very happy that the rear view parking camera works well (when the lens is clean)!

P.S. I note that a number of you fellow Auris owners have been querying on the forum how to silence the reverse selection beeper...if you want the contact number of my front sensor installation guy, just PM me!

Cheers,

Tamtoot

Good day all.

I had after market front parking sensors fitted to my wife's, 2014 Auris Icon last month, which after a week, developed a problem with the on/off switch. This fault also took out the reverse selection 'beeper'. I had the installation man revisit to fix the on/off switch fault and now the front sensors operate as intended. He also had a search around but could offer no reason why the reverse selection beeper has packed up....any idea's out there?

We're now having reverse parking sensors fitted on the car next week, as both she and I had wrongly assumed that with a OEM rear parking camera fitted, the reverse selection beeper sound was triggered by parking sensors hidden within the rear bumper. Glad neither of us tested it out on a wall or another car....and very happy that the rear view parking camera works well (when the lens is clean)!

Hello Tom - welcome to Toyota Owners Club

Would have thought that the beeper that sounds when reverse is selected would be operated by the same switch that operates the reversing light. Just a thought - if the reverse beeper isn't working, is your reversing light working?

If your sensor installation guy doesn't know why your reverse beeper has stopped working, I'm not sure I'd trust him to silence the one on my car if I wanted this done.

Frosty,

Thank you for the welcome to the forum.

Yes the reverse light is working, as is the camera.

He's back on Thursday for the rear parking sensors fitting so I will make sure he is aware of your suggestion. However from what I read on here about annoying reverse selection beeping noise, I'm not too sure if I want it or will even then need it..! I will advise on the outcome.

Thanks and Regards,

Tamtoot

• 2 weeks later...

Mike,

The sensor installer came back yesterday to fit the rear parking sensors. All OK with the rear parking sensors operation but he couldn't offer a reason why the reverse gear selection buzzer is off. I also found today that the seat belt warning buzzer is off too.

On a UK 2014 Auris Icon, Valvematic Auto, would you, or anyone else, happen to know which fuse the reverse & seat belt warning buzzer is wired to? Too much of a co-incidence for both these to be dead..so I suspect they have been shorted somehow...and I cannot make out which fuse or fuse box to search from the info provided in the owners manual.

Thanks in advance,

Tamtoot.

You might want to try Fuse No 27 (ECU-IG-No 4) 7.5 amp located in the fuse box behind the glove compartment. It feeds the main body ECU and includes the front passenger seat belt reminder light as well as other functions. Don't know for sure but it's worth a try.

Thank you Tom,

I will have look in that fuse box.

Cheers

Tamtoot

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links