Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1980 Toyota Hiace Side Front Left Side Light

scrowie190

some ****** has just broken my front left side light ,any one gopt one pleeeeeeesssseeee

11828554_10207117567478071_1723448148771

• 2 months later...

just come back from the piant shop :flowers: Im not sure whether its worth putting stuff up on here, I get more intrest on the old commer van forum ,but hay ho there may be another person out there that likes it 12107242_10207607936016978_2109665821207

• Like 2

Pretty good work, mate :) I hope you'll find every single needed part :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi mate, I have various classic Hiace corner lights and taillights in Australia, just message me if your interested, cheers

• Like 1

Hello Andrew, your Hiace looks great. Do you have many spares? I am needing a carb for a 2.0 if you know of one kicking about?

Regards,

James

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

sorry James I haven't got a carb ,have you got any of these bits 1 the cover fthe heater controls , 2 the cove for the lower heater out let. 3 center seat cushion, there has been 2 or 3 on eBay that had all the bits I need but the seller would not break them for parts,there was a white one that has been on eBay 3 times now that is now on gumtree for £550 ,

Hi Andrew, I don't have any of those bits, sorry. Yes I seen that one, I also contacted him but he wasn't willing to break. They are difficult to get bits for!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Andrew

The van looks great. I have one too that's due to go in for paint soon. Where did you get new window seals/rubbers from. Buy the way I got a new carb for mine on eBay and more available, think I paid around £120.

• Like 2

hi David :blow:

I got the side window seals of eBay it was the same gauge as the stuff they use to put hourse box windows in ,Im not sure if my van is not a true Rio convertion as I have not come across a van with the same side windows ,the windscreen seal was ok so it just got re used.so glad that you have got in touch there is not much chat on here ,if you come across any dashboard bits let me know as Im desperate for some

Andrew, David, we should keep in touch on this thread as I haven't found any other forums where there's much interest in our old shape of Hiace :cheers:

Andrew is that a Roof Rack at the back of your pop top? Loving the new colour. :thumbsup:

David i think most of the carbs on eBay are for the 1.6 12r engine? Mine is the 2.0 18r. Difficult to find a carb for it

• 1 month later...
On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2015 at 11:21 PM, scrowie190 said:

some ****** has just broken my front left side light ,any one gopt one pleeeeeeesssseeee

11828554_10207117567478071_1723448148771

I have one.....

hi there

thanks for that but Iv solved that problem however I am after some trim bits forthe dash board if you have any  

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I bought a 1980 Toyota Hiace Rio with a diesel engine in June last year.  I'm gradually dealing with various issues - rusted out gutters, broken and missing roof hinges, replacement Super-Viking canvas, a single snatching rear brake. As James wrote above - its worth being in touch to share tips and information.

I noticed mention of seals for side windows.  I've got sliding side windows where the felted rubber?? is cracked up into bits. They still work OK, but I would replace the felts if I located a source.

I'm looking for a spare wheel to replace an alloy damaged when the wheel nuts came loose. I've posted info on Toyota Enthusiasts forum and Old Japanese Car.com forum, but no response as yet.  Do you know what other vehicles use the same wheels?  Since its for a spare, I'd be happy to find any appearance of wheel that would safely fit and run with the others.  As far as I can tell pcd is 114.3 mm, off-set 27 mm on my existing wheels.
I would also like to find one hub cover to go with my alloys.

Graham

Hello Graham and welcome to the forum.

I also have a 1978 Hiace Rio Grande but with the 2.0 petrol engine. Great old buses but they suffer from a bit of tin worm.

Yes the PCD is 114.3, you should be able to find wheels that fit from other vehicles There are websites out there that show what wheels are interchangeable with different makes and models.

I also have the problem with the felted rubber on the side windows. Let me know if you find a source. Im also looking for a couple of bumpers if you hear of any kicking around.

I was thinking about starting a Facebook group for us if any of you are interested?

Yes - I've found wheelsize dot com and a few others.  They don't necessarily go back as far as 1980 for the Hiace - since it didn't make it onto the US market??? so might not be giving me all the possible models.. I've been checking for models with the same pcd etc.  So far I've found one cheap wheel with correct pcd but larger offset and width.  With only 20 mm clearance at the front I could carry a 35 offset as a spare but not if it was also wider unless I also carried a spacer ring and I'm not sure whether that is a sensible thing to do.

If you see a wheel with 5 x 114.3 pcd, offset 27 (or similar) that wouldn't be too dissimilar in daimeter from my 185R14C's, please let me know.

Re. Facebook - maybe - what sort of access would you be thinking of?

• 1 month later...

Not sure about access, would you want it private? I'll set up a group this week if I get a chance.

Anyone looking for some window deflectors? I have a rare set still in the box.

Hi

Just wading in here but I'm also a (recent) Hiace owner. Not on FB unfortunately and feeling a little worried about parts. I have a broken sidelight, broken vent and a rear door handle that's completely rusted away. Happy to meet some other classic Hiace owners :)

56 minutes ago, smavin said:

Hi

Just wading in here but I'm also a (recent) Hiace owner. Not on FB unfortunately and feeling a little worried about parts. I have a broken sidelight, broken vent and a rear door handle that's completely rusted away. Happy to meet some other classic Hiace owners :)

Hi Sally, 

The more old Hiace owners the merrier. Parts are a problem to locate, I just try to keep an eye on eBay

Ive got a pair or new (old stock) sidelight lenses in the garage. I got them all the way from Portugal but never fitted them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Im looking to replace my exhaust. Tried the local tyres and exhaust centre but they can't get one. Anyone know a good place to try other than eBay?

I'm guessing you're fitting it yourself, so you could try Euro Car Parts or GSF Car Parts?

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

I am not in UK, actually in Australia

Recently bought a 1979 Hiace dual side sliding door poptop campervan

I also bought a 1978 LWB Hiace van for parts, if anyone needs anything please let me know, know these are rare not only here in AU but overseas as well, so happy to send things interstate around Oz or overseas if required. Interior parts, body, electrical, engine or whatever

I have attached pics of my campervan and also the LWB donor car, will take what i need/want off of it and then either re-sell or take to a wrecker if no os interested in it. The blue donor car drives well and is registered so would be a shame if no one does take it off my hands and it ends its life at a wrecker....

I saw another post on this page as well but cant find it anymore, in regards to a private fb group starting for Hiace campers, did this ever eventuate? If so please add me, my fb name is Nate A Saxty.

Cheers and hope to talk to fellow 2gen hiace camper or non cmaper owners :)

s-l1600 (8).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600 (11).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

$_20.JPG

Hi Nate, welcome to the group.

Your van looks cool, I like the pop-top canvas and the matching retro stripe down the side :cool:

Im sure there will be a few people interested in parts as they are hard to come by over here. Can you still get new parts from the dealership or motor factors over there?

I didn't start the fb group as I didn't think there was much interest but I might do that today and put a link up here :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links