Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thieving Towrags!

Noticed today (12-08-2015) at Sainsbury's car park that some thieving git had stolen our blue dust caps. I mean, who the hell steals dust caps these days? They are not that expensive, and they have been that car for 3 years. I hope their fingers rot and come off whilst they are picking their nose! The only good thing is, I saw my first Tesla Model S in the town earlier and then at the car park, before the dust caps were stolen. Hardly crime of the century, but how desperate do you have to be to nick someone else's caps? Unreal. Said dust caps and two of the pics I took on my wife's phone -tis better than mine. I bought two sets originally, one blue, one anthracite grey, the latter now reside on the valves.

post-113536-0-71358500-1439400172_thumb.

post-113536-0-80311400-1439400223_thumb.

post-113536-0-40791200-1439400257_thumb.

Reminds me of when we had a red Nissan Primera SX. The one year when we were holidaying on the Isle of Skye, we parked in the small car park at Claigan and did a walk along The Coral Beach - quite an isolated spot!

When we got back all four of the red alloy dust caps had been nicked from our Primera.

Reminds me of when we had a red Nissan Primera SX. The one year when we were holidaying on the Isle of Skye, we parked in the small car park at Claigan and did a walk along The Coral Beach - quite an isolated spot!

When we got back all four of the red alloy dust caps had been nicked from our Primera.

Yep, mindless really. Some people are like magpies aren't they. Having said that, I recall a time when my eldest son broke into cars, just so he could sit in them! Idiot! Yes, he got caught a number of times, hence he was an idiot.

I've had similar when I fitted nice caps. After having a couple of sets nicked (or even just a couple of caps, what's the point? :ermm: ) I gave up & now have tatty black plastic ones which have so far lasted 20 months on the car.

Wierdly Bob my Blue ones were also stolen when i went to visit my mother in law last week. This week i visited her and noticed someone has put black plastic ones back on my wheels. Bizaar!!!

David

I've had similar when I fitted nice caps. After having a couple of sets nicked (or even just a couple of caps, what's the point? :ermm: ) I gave up & now have tatty black plastic ones which have so far lasted 20 months on the car.

I still have the originals in that little compartment in the boot. Maybe I should stick to those. Even though they are not that expensive, it's the principle of having them stolen by some light fingered oik. This means....

:giljotiini:

Wierdly Bob my Blue ones were also stolen when i went to visit my mother in law last week. This week i visited her and noticed someone has put black plastic ones back on my wheels. Bizaar!!!

David

Bizarre indeed! Maybe they felt bad, seeing as your car is so nice, a bit guilty perhaps? Maybe there is a country wide thieving B'stards convention, and the one with the most blue... naw, but you never know?

Yep, mindless really. Some people are like magpies aren't they. Having said that, I recall a time when my eldest son broke into cars, just so he could sit in them! Idiot! Yes, he got caught a number of times, hence he was an idiot.

:laughing:

Sorry to hear about the theft Bob, also sorry that's the way the country has gone... Sure they must do it just to annoy, or else they are just too lazy/stupid/both to obtain them the way the rest of us have to. I was considering some myself, but in two minds now given where I live...

The Tesla is a thing of beauty.

Nicola

I was really sad to read this. I have had my IQ from new for over 5 years now and have never customised anything. I was starting to vaguely think that the dust caps which monitor the tyre pressures might be a good thing to have though. Now I have completely gone off that idea. I will just stick to checking the tyre pressures once a week! My mother told me "Do not put temptation in other people's way" and unfortunately this shows she was right!

Thanks for the thoughts everyone, but I was hoping not to put people off buying something similar or even those pressure check dust caps. I cannot say this will never happen to me -the car, poor thing was traumatised- again, and if I catch someone doing it, they're going to be sorry. I favour the fingers slammed in door treatment for thievery -and of course Mr. Plod, I am joking. Some more pics of the Tesla for those that like the car, you others, don't look now, or you'll be swooned by its beauty.

post-113536-0-93188300-1439475685_thumb.

post-113536-0-13778600-1439475708_thumb.

post-113536-0-47540700-1439475773_thumb.

post-113536-0-57754700-1439475823_thumb.

The Tesla does look nice, its quite long isn't it? Mind you, I suppose for a saloon class car it would be, but I'd hate to have it dinged by some clutz not paying attention in that car park!

I had the luxury of parking next to a BMW i8 (twice). I got rather excited when I heard its engine and one go past me as well in the Lydiate area of Merseyside. ooooh my...

The Tesla does look nice, its quite long isn't it? Mind you, I suppose for a saloon class car it would be, but I'd hate to have it dinged by some clutz not paying attention in that car park!

I had the luxury of parking next to a BMW i8 (twice). I got rather excited when I heard its engine and one go past me as well in the Lydiate area of Merseyside. ooooh my...

Yeah, it's long but you can have one with 7 seats...

Thanks for the thoughts everyone, but I was hoping not to put people off buying something similar or even those pressure check dust caps. I cannot say this will never happen to me -the car, poor thing was traumatised- again, and if I catch someone doing it, they're going to be sorry. I favour the fingers slammed in door treatment for thievery -and of course Mr. Plod, I am joking. Some more pics of the Tesla for those that like the car, you others, don't look now, or you'll be swooned by its beauty.

I feel sad at the thought of an iQ being traumatised - inflicting violence would cross my mind if someone traumatised mine... :(

No worries Bob, I actually had a quick dust cap browsing session online later yesterday afternoon, so perhaps not put off at all.

Tesla is definitely a thing of beauty! I can't seem to locate a 'fainting' Smiley, so if you could all imagine I've put one....

....oh wait, here's a googly-eyed/drooling one :drool:

Nicola

I like the Tesla because it isn't shouting HEY LOOK AT MEEEE! like other cars; It's very understated but still looks really nice at the same time. Kinda reminds me an Aston :)

The i8 on the other hand, I like that because it looks like it came out of a Tron movie! :lol:

And it sounds surprisingly good too; Who thought a 3-pot could sound like that! :eek:

I hate being in front of both tho' because sweet mother the DRLs on those things are blinding! :crybaby:

Luckily they look just as good from behind :naughty:

It's a funny thing about the Tesla. My wife says if we had one -I wish!- she wouldn't want to park it anywhere in case it got accidentally or deliberately scratched. I said that if we could afford one, it would have its own bodyguard. Haven't seen an i8 yet, but have sat in and played about -not like a child might I add- inside an i3. Not in the same league as the Tesla obviously but I'd still go for one, in Solar Orange. Something else I like also available in Orange -

post-113536-0-73607000-1439664117_thumb.

post-113536-0-74290000-1439664177_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the thieving tow rags have struck again. Any similarities you ask? Yes, it was at Sainsbury's car park in Shrewsbury. So, my theory before was that it is the car cleaners dotted around the place that stole them last time. I am more certain this time, only two were taken. So, I will leave the two remaining good ones on and cover the two naked valves with plastic caps. Next time I go there, I will take my camera and watch... and see what happens. Should I get evidence, I will go to the store and report the culprit -see how I am resisting swearing here.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links