Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

At That Cross Roads

avensis rob

I done it before!

wish id not got rid of a car

I have always had a works van and rarely use a car but comes in handy for the wife ( hence not buying a new or nearly new car)

I am a mechanical/electrical service engineer and maintain my own vehicles with new quality parts straight away if suspect.

the car I have is a Toyota avensis t3-s 2.0 d4d 1cd engine registered late 2003.

currently at 97k miles

so ive had it 2 and a half years and thinking, this car is now about 12 years old and also its probably time to sell it to get a decent return on it.- or before it looks dated.

ive had offers of £2400 to sell it to be used as a taxi.

I guess thats a good offer and I'm tempted.

But much pondering and ive thought Heck it still looks good for its age, I was thinking of doing the facelift but that is just vanity at the end of the day and I cant justify the price of second hand parts reqd to make it look a little younger- and the changes are probably so subtle that most non avensis owners would never know the difference, it has low mileage esp for this engine, ive done a lot of personal subtle tidying up of the car, it is not going to need a clutch , tbelt, tyres or anything major anytime soon.

So I think its getting kept. The wife is having major strops about the thought of me changing car

I see carinas and Camrys locally and don't think ,"wow they are ancient"

so ill see if I can catch up on some of the mileages in the "how many miles" thread.

heres to more family holidays and pics for my young ones to remember in this car .

cheers

IMG_20150801_163350949.jpg

IMG_20150801_163355979.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Rob, that £2400 is a good offer, but like you mentioned most of the works been done clutch timing belt etc, if the next 2.0 engine was as reliable as this one I would of said go for it but there is that change of getting stung with head gasket issue,

Avensis Rob I think your mad in the head if you get rid of that car you will regret it, you have one of the best d4d engines :) my wife has a 2006 (1cd D4D) SR Corolla electric blue :) it will never be going and I mean never, been offered money for it countless times. Oh she has over 160k on the clock and hopefully more to come. ;)

• Like 1

yeah had clutch and tbelt done at 74k just before I bought it

just got 4 brand new tyres and wheels refurbed.

fitted ebc discs and pads all round ( 2 reasons) as I had an advisory last mot for front discs and the greenstuff pads create less brake dust to manky up newly refurbed wheels.

it doesn't suffer the same emission system problems as the next generation of diesels therefore is cheaper to fix.and more reliable.

its tried and tested as a taxi circa 400k miles on some examples.

the bodywork is as good as the mechanicals

etc etc

ill just put away a bit each month for something german/diesel/auto

the longer the avensis lasts then the bigger the budget when the time comes.

• Like 1

ill just put away a bit each month for something german/diesel/auto :sick:

that is betrayal at least go for a lexus or even think about the t27.

I have got to admit audi do make better looking cars

Keep her rob!! (The car) mines the same engine and I've just added a tuning box and feels like a new car! I've 104k miles on it.

• Like 1

more info on the tuning box plz

which type and price

what differences you experience

pm me thanks

might be a worthwhile purchase for me

I feel my power especially the torque is good but might just need a new perspective on the modern diesel engine

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links