Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has My Turbo Gone? 2.2 D4d

AlysAvensis

Just coming up to 6months of ownership and had no issues at all until tonight.

I was driving home from work and come off a roundabout, floored in 3rd and briefly went over 4,000rpm, the engine suddenly felt like it got a mini boost and grey/black smoke plumed out the exhaust.

Idle is perfect no weird noises at all. So then I got onto another road left it in third and floored it again, same hit 4,000rpm and thick black smoke and I got turbo stall as well which I've never heard on my car.

Came home checked my fault code reader, no faults at all.

When the car is stationary and rev it to over 4,000rpm I just a normal little black smoke amount as usual.

I phone my mate a technician told me to check my oil level, last did a service 6 months ago and It's just under full.

I don't want to change the turbo unless It is absolutely the issue.

The only thing I know of and experienced is not turbo stall but compressor stall and compressor surge which are caused by a local or complete air flow disruption respectively.

The only thing I know of and experienced is not turbo stall but compressor stall and compressor surge which are caused by a local or complete air flow disruption respectively.

compressor surge .. normally makes the turbo "flutter"

This was resolved, a mechanic at work said I've sucked up oil from the intercooler pipework. Told him I drive the car below 2,000rpm a lot of the time and he said it's built up. So I took the pipe off and a lot of oil drained out.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links