Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gen 2 Radio Buttons Not Working

kithmo

SWMBO's Gen 2, the buttons on the radio/CD don't work. She can operate most of the features from the steering wheel or the display, like change mode from CD to radio FM/AM, volume etc, but there's no option on the steering wheel or the touch display to eject or load CDs and the buttons aren't responding. Interestingly it is showing CDs 1 to 4 and 6 as being loaded and they play ok. I'm pretty sure I actually loaded 6 CDs in there about 2 years ago and I'm wondering if no 5 is causing the problem. Is there some feature to re-activate the buttons that I'm missing ?

Edit: the volume and tune knobs are working but none of the buttons.

Mine has done this a couple of times in the past.

I just powered down the car and waited for a couple of minutes before powering back up.

Then the controls on the radio worked as normal.

I am wondering if it is heat related and causing a "loose" connection to part enough to stop anything working.

I'm tempted to agree with Sooty that there's a loose connection somewhere. Perhaps your local car stereo repair shop could fix it?

Mine has done this a couple of times in the past.

I just powered down the car and waited for a couple of minutes before powering back up.

Then the controls on the radio worked as normal.

I am wondering if it is heat related and causing a "loose" connection to part enough to stop anything working.

Car was cold and I had powered it on and off a couple of times, will try it when it's warm.

I get the same problem on my G2 every so often, it might last a few days or 2/3 weeks and nothing will fix it, then it seems to cure itself. It will be fine for a few weeks or months then do the same thing again. Seems to be no pattern to it, totally random.I would mention to my toyota dealer but I know from experience they are totally disinterested in minor issues like that, shame because they are excellent otherwise.

Sorted, probably temporary but, I just gave it a thump and the cd numbers all lit up and it's working for now. As said above, it must be a poor connection somewhere. Takes me back to the old CRT tv days, when a good thump would settle a wavy picture LOL.

• Like 1

Yup, if in doubt, give it a clout...

• Like 2