Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Plug Stuck In 12 V Socket Auris Hybrid - Update

Parrotperson

Posted a couple of weeks ago re the plug for my air compressor for tyres thingy being stuck in my front 12v socket.

The 1st visit to the dealer resulted in me not getting past the receptionist who refused point blank to help

Then the car went in for its recall so I asked again - could they see if they could get it out. I didn't mind if they had to smash it!

When I picked up the car they had managed to get the plastic end off and remove the clip put the main body of the plug is still there and now I've nothing to pull on. Can't get a pair of pliers down there as the groves in the side of the socket are tiny.

Any ideas? Thanks

Funnily enough that's what my husband said! Bit worried about doing that though. Damage may be caused.

Thank you. Good idea!

Try another dearer,the one you tried should be reported to Toyota.

I had the same thing happen,my Tom Tom plug would not budge (worked fine in previous car).

The service manager was great,he took the car to the workshop and 20mins later job done,plug removed.

This is the best bit........NO CHARGE.

Funnily enough that's what my husband said! Bit worried about doing that though. Damage may be caused.

Thank you. Good idea!

No problem, just take care to drill through the center, not from sides and not too deep aswell. Like this the plug will have hole in it and will be easier to brake/pull out without causing any damage. Best of luck :)

Before you start drilling it might be worth considering Loctite Freeze and Release although it's meant to be used for rusted fasteners and joints. In your case it appears the two metal surfaces have galled together and have resisted all attempts so far but you've got nothing to lose by trying the Loctite.

Loctite Freeze and Release.pdf

Is there wiggle room between the plug and the hole?

If there is you might be able to get some thin metal (think feeler gauge) and try getting down the side of the plug to manipulate the metal springs.

Thank you all.

Yes I was disappointed with dealer's efforts or lack of them.

There is absolutely no wriggle room I'm afraid

I will get some loctite and give it a go then try drilling it out if that doesn't work.

Phew. A plan!

!Removed! annoying though. Grrrrrrr.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links