Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 D4d Stereo

Scottw2015

the stereo in my wife's car is a bit temperamental and I could do with some advise please.

When putting a cd into the stereo it seems to sometimes accepts it but then will spit the cd out, after 1 song(no it's not val doonican) lol am I doing something wrong or do u think it either needs a clean or it's something else. Thanks in advance

Is it just one CD it odes this with or all?

My first Rav (53 plate 4.2) had intermittent issues with the HU, it was solved by swapping it for another one. In my case it was fine then randomly would loose the mpg display and occasionally chuck a disc out, Toyota tried all sorts, eventually they replaced the full odo after having the radio tested and it still did it so eventually after me abducting a tech for a drive they agreed to pull a HU from another car which fixed it. If the 4.3 is anything like the 4.2 it's a doddle to swap out the HU's and assuming you can find one on eBay cheaply it may be the easiest option.

Cheers Avalon looks like I may have to go to a local Toyota dealership to see what can be done. Today the CD player wonteven accept the discso frustrated. I also read if you disconnect one of the Battery terminals that this sometimes works by resetting the stereo???? Cheers

Yep, try a Battery off reset for a few minutes and see if it helps. Unless you're in warranty or have a good relationship with the dealer you may find a trip to the dealer more expensive than a replacement though. Asking them to look at it while it's in for other work is usually no charge.

Tried the Battery off reset no joy so I've booked the car in to be sorted fingers crossed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mine is also a bit temperamental , the shuffle(random) feature on the cd player stops working sometimes and the display breaks up now and then, might have a look for another. Good luck with yours Scott

A used Touch 1 or Touch 2 is £80-100 on eBay, i'm guessing an hours labor from a franchised dealer probably isn't much less. That comparison is based on it being a head unit issue though rather than something else. My old (53 plate 4.2) used to loose the display, but only after it had been running a while.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links