Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Auris 1.6 Hesitation

majeeka1976

Hi

I've got a 2008 Toyota Auris 1.6 VVTI that you guys have helped with in the past.

As per my previous post I have changed the spark plugs and thought there was oil on them. Ive looked into this and the oil on the plugs it was a red herring its dripping down from above as the spark seals were failing.

This has now been resolved and the seals replaced.

I have put new plugs in it now all correct and the car starts etc . The car is a little hesitant and seems to ***** in traffic on and off and then pick up. Ive checked the plugs and they look physically good torqued correctly etc.

No air leaks or fault codes showing.

Any ideas where i can start investigating, any one aware of common faults?

Damian

Are you using the correct Denso SC20HR11 spark plugs as other brands e.g NGK can give poor running issues.

Yes I have put that model in . Read about the pcv valve any ideas where it is on this model? Checked for air leaks again today and trying different petrol- BP . Has this car got a fuel filter installed?

Picture of PCV attached see #12204 , no servicable fuel filter on your Auris

post-45863-0-76604000-1440878066_thumb.p

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Just an update on this:- i still have hesitation issues coming on and off the throttle on my Auris thats making it frustrating to drive for me on a daily basis .

To date i have carried out the following tasks-

Replaced all spark plugs using Denso OEM plugs and cleaned throttle body, complete with a full service.

-Cleaned the MAF sensor with Electrical cleaner.

-Attempted to clean the PCV valve and checked all wiring .

-There are no MIL code and i have reset the ECU overnight.

I dont know what else to try as its intermittant and gives me little information to go on.

Could it be a bad coil pack or something else? Would type of oil affect this ?

Any more help would be massively apprecated as im contemplating getting rid of the car if i cant sort this out.

Damian

Sorry you're having all them problems Damian with what is usually a very sweet running wee engine. Don't know if I've got much to offer in the way of advice but there's a couple of things I wonder about:

You say you've cleaned the MAF sensor with electrical cleaner. Was it the proper stuff? Some other cleaners can leave a deposit on the very fine wires and cause you trouble.

You say you have "attempted" to clean the PCV valve. What kind of problems did you experience in cleaning / testing the valve?

I've heard that when the Lambda sensors fail they fail "lean" which would give you a weak mixture and might mean hesitation but if you had any such sensor failures you would definitely get a fault code. What kind of reader are you using?

It could be down to a faulty coil pack but it's kind of expensive buying new ones just to try them. Isn't there somewhere you can go to get your coil packs tested?

Are you absolutely sure you don't have any air leak(s) around the inlet manifold?

Hi Tom

Thanks for the reply.

As you say its the lack of a MIL code thats frustrating. I have only tested using a handheld scanner used by my local independant garage and no codes are definately logged on board the ECU.

The maff was cleaned using a Maff cleaner spray i bought off eBay and i removed the PCV valve and washed it through with Carb cleaner and it rattled fine, would this part cause hesitation though i cant see the link?

Regarding air leaks around the manifold i have sprayed cleaner round the area where it meets the head and note no hissing or change in engine note but dont want to disassemble the whole manifold unless i really have to. Any other ideas how i can test for an air leak?

Again thanks for the assistance.

Damian

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links