Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrade 2009 Stereo To Double Din

anthonyk2010

I'm about to upgrade my stereo to a alpine model, I'm just waiting on the t27 fascia to arrive. I Have found some great info here on how to install but I'm not sure how to remove the old radio. I assuming I remove the area above the stereo where the air intakes are, do I need to remove anything underneath the stereo?

I'm pretty sure there's instructions on Toyota-tech.eu on how to remove the stereo. Choose your model of car and follow the links for stereo upgrading.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure there's instructions on Toyota-tech.eu on how to remove the stereo. Choose your model of car and follow the links for stereo upgrading.

Thanks

Hi,

They are correct, I have just replaced mine with an android unit. I removed side trim on both sides surrounding area by the sides of console, removed the black trim around the gear and storage area, the trim around the top air vents although not completely, you can partially remove it from the bottom to then remove black plastic trim around the radio. With that removed you can remove the radio by the 4 screws them pull the radio free. There are also 2 clips that hold the radio to the car, then it's a case of disconnecting the radio plugs. No need to remove gearknob and air con panel or glovebox or anything like that, only remove what you feel you need to remove if you know what I mean. Quite easy really

• Like 1

Did you get special tools to remove trim or did you improvise with something. I'm worried about marking the dash.

Search for trim tools on eBay, about £3, basically just orange plastic tools which I found very helpful in places particularly around the air vent area. I'll try put a pic on

• Like 1

Got all my part for install, just realised I have to uninstall a parrot bluetooth ck3100. Can I use the same mic that's connected to the parrot.

An external mic was included with my unit, quality is good aswell. it would depend if the plug for it is compatible with your new head unit. I'd guess at it not being but you never know

The car will almost definitely have a wiring adapter lead converting the car wiring style to ISO style for the Parrot, then back to car wiring style to plug back into the stereo. If your Alpine is ISO you might be able to use that adapter lead.

• Like 1

Go to the connects 2 website, they have most types of adapter for fitting. Your new unit should have provided an ISO harness

• Like 1

I have two set of wires in the images, set on the left power and Speakers. set on the right steerimg wheel control, im assuming.

The set on the left has a pink/black wire, a blue/white wire and a solid red wire. are these used?

The set on the right has atwo orange and a double black cable are these used.

thanks

post-95486-0-09151700-1441648268_thumb.j

post-95486-0-75158700-1441648276_thumb.j

post-95486-0-67798900-1441648286_thumb.j

I'm pretty sure there were some unused wires on ours, but it's been a while since I fitted/removed one. Were they connected to anything before you removed them? Also our Parrot CK3100's weren't operated by the steering wheel controls at all, they worked from their own screen buttons.

Some cars have the permanent poz feed and ignition poz feed swapped over. This is why the red and the orange wires have bullet connectors, so you can swap to whichever you need for your install. IIRC the Parrot needs ignition poz feed.

• Like 1

sorry i should have mentioned that these are new cables i got with the radio, Alpin.s own cable and the Alpin/Toyota cable.

• Like 1

When I installed mine I had a couple of wires which were left unused. Is there not a wiring diagram provided with the kit? Best bet would be to plug and play now and see what you have working when you power up the new unit.

• Like 1

Installed sterio tonight. Steering wheel controls only half works. I can adjust the function but not volume. I read the set up is important do I'll try again tomorrow.

Also the radio only tuned in one channel.

• 7 months later...
On 29.08.2015 at 9:04 PM, Phil24RN said:

Hi,

They are correct, I have just replaced mine with an android unit. I removed side trim on both sides surrounding area by the sides of console, removed the black trim around the gear and storage area, the trim around the top air vents although not completely, you can partially remove it from the bottom to then remove black plastic trim around the radio. With that removed you can remove the radio by the 4 screws them pull the radio free. There are also 2 clips that hold the radio to the car, then it's a case of disconnecting the radio plugs. No need to remove gearknob and air con panel or glovebox or anything like that, only remove what you feel you need to remove if you know what I mean. Quite easy really

Hi,

Can u tell me please what android unit did u buy and fit to your t27?I am in search of one but dont now if will fit exactly!

Tanks!

14 hours ago, agatars said:

Hi,

Can u tell me please what android unit did u buy and fit to your t27?I am in search of one but dont now if will fit exactly!

Tanks!

The in-car market changes quite fast and new models with better features and better integration come along. What ever model Philip used, should be slightly cheaper or upgraded. 

I search im eBay and found this

http://www.ebay.de/itm/311553851725?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

and this

http://www.ebay.de/itm/151941197861?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

and dont now if they fit in my avensis 2010 t27

or can sombdy pleas tell me if someone have they upgrade the original unit with a android unit,wich one have they find an it is plug and play

Thanks!!!

• 3 years later...

i cannot find any cable to adapt my new android 9inch radio to the oem plugs. can anybody help? do any one have photos?

On 2/3/2020 at 9:41 AM, amarelinho92 said:

i cannot find any cable to adapt my new android 9inch radio to the oem plugs. can anybody help? do any one have photos?

There are plenty of options here in the UK at least. What you need is the Toyota to ISO cable. 
ISO Toyota & Lexus (1990-2008)
The cable is compatible with most Toyota's from the 90's to date. 

Better still, you could get the Toyota to ISO harness which includes the steering wheel adapter. You need to do a search and if the manufacturer of the android unit supports steering remote.
Image result for Toyota steering adapter cable
Search Toyota to ISO and Toyota steering wheel adapter cable.

Sorry but no see the cable I bought and still no good they don't fit. Also see backside of android unit c5f6c58d0424a8a520e521473674083a.jpgae111e3a2805ed5cc48a6d944fa61cfe.jpg091d37d54a7816050e50f656d9e13bd7.jpg

Enviado do meu EML-L09 através do Tapatalk

it looks right to me, un plug the leads from the factory radio  and plug them in to the harness

give me a while and i will draw a diagram