Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Find Me An Auris Hybrid!

Wayne2015

2 hours ago, Anthony Poli said:

Hope it wasn't you that caused them to change the rules next year lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I wouldn’t tax the hybrids more, Ant, in fact I’d reduce it for everyone. Most of the road tax gets siphoned off for other things, the past £100 million worth has probably yielded about 10 extra miles of motorway so time for a Road Tax Holiday for all methinks.

Meanwhile Edinburgh council is introducing a 20 mph speed limit in most of the city so in this crazy @rs-about-face world of progress can the man walking in front of the car with a red flag be far behind? 

Edinburgh centre was bad enough the last time I was there, they were just starting work on the tram line on princess street.

Manchester is bad enough, you can done a tour of the city just to get to the next street.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, TomdeGuerre said:

Meanwhile Edinburgh council is introducing a 20 mph speed limit in most of the city so in this crazy @rs-about-face world of progress can the man walking in front of the car with a red flag be far behind? 

It's been obvious for at least 30 years that Edinburgh council are anti-car.

Embra council is a bad joke. Glasgow had its motorway bisecting the city 30 or 40 years ago, Embra hasn’t got round to it yet. The trams were estimated at a few hundred million but cost over a billion. Ever see the video with Anthony Hopkins as Hitler shouting about £500 million to replace a Number 22 bus? Icing on the cake is that the inquiry into the cost of the tram fiasco has itself now hit £3.7 million and counting.  

The council’s latest initiative for a fully integrated transport system is called Shanks Pony.

www.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxcpbeU4bKs

20 hours ago, TomdeGuerre said:

Tax dodging hybrid owners – grrrr gnash. It’s true enough what they say, most people try to avoid tax – the rich are just better at it.

Away and wash yer leather seats, I know where they came from

Cow Polygon.jpg

Tax Avoidance 'completely' legal :tongue:

http://www.theweek.co.uk/prosper/personal-finance/62606/tax-evasion-or-tax-avoidance-whats-the-difference

Hey,

I said 'no' cow jokes! - lol

Need another appointment at SpecSavers, Tom?:laugh:

18 hours ago, Anthony Poli said:

Hope it wasn't you that caused them to change the rules next year lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, Ant

Think the Conservative party (not Mr Cameron) predicted the BrExit and needed extra tax income :tongue:

22 hours ago, TomdeGuerre said:

Tax dodging hybrid owners – grrrr gnash. It’s true enough what they say, most people try to avoid tax – the rich are just better at it.

Away and wash yer leather seats, I know where they came from

Cow Polygon.jpg

18 hours ago, TomdeGuerre said:

No I wouldn’t tax the hybrids more, Ant, in fact I’d reduce it for everyone. Most of the road tax gets siphoned off for other things, the past £100 million worth has probably yielded about 10 extra miles of motorway so time for a Road Tax Holiday for all methinks.

Look at this link. most of the cars hammered severely are hybrids or EV: - http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/topten/top-20-cars-hit-hardest-by-the-2017-ved-changes/?image=15

So VED is not solely about hitting "dirty" cars, which most people think. Also, allegedly "road tax" was abolished some time ago (1937) and road funding comes from general and local taxation, reason explained by the following: - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_Excise_Duty 

If somebody was sensible, the system should concentrate on NOx as well as particulates, not just CO emissions.This would turn the tables on diesels, since they produce more harmful emissions. 

There is going to be a mad scramble before the '17 plates comes on sale!    

The previous lot weren't any better, they were saying diesel was the best thing :wink:

• 2 months later...

Oooooops nothing....... time to feed yer dug.

Hybrid power.jpg

• Like 2

Getting the cross climate tyres on the front tomorrow, the rear tyres I'll get done in December.

So hopefully I should see an improvement on the mpg, on the trip to Cambridge on Friday.

Getting the cross climate tyres on the front tomorrow, the rear tyres I'll get done in December.

So hopefully I should see an improvement on the mpg, on the trip to Cambridge on Friday.

Excellent news! 

Just beware - if weather above 7degrees then u may get worse mpg!

And if it does get below 7degrees/snow before December - beware risks of having all weather on front and non-all weather on rear.....

But keep us posted! :smile:

Ps: did u get a good deal on the tyres?

After a lot of looking around, Black circles had the 215 45 r17 for about the price, I had originaly seen the cheaper 225 45 r17. including fitting. 

If the tyres turn out to be as good as they claim, then I might get the rear ones much sooner.

On the verso, i had the Kleiber quadrexer all season tyres and they lasted as long as I had the car (5 years) and 30000 miles. A company bought by Michelin.

Just a shame they don't do them in the Auris tyre size.

Interesting

They do the 215 now :)

And they more expensive than 225 (which I got)

So why not summer and winter tyres then?

39 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

Interesting

They do the 215 now :)

And they more expensive than 225 (which I got)

So why not summer and winter tyres then?

Just in case I need to go to Germany in the winter months, other than that I never see any snow here in the twilight zone :happy:. I mean Preston, not seen any decent snow in about 10 years or so.

No decent snow in 10 years???!

Where S Preston?

On another planet? :rolleyes:

I starting to look further for jobs, Preston is on my furthest list - if I get a job there one day, we hook up for lunch feast! :biggrin:

11 hours ago, Anthony Poli said:

On then verso, i had the Kleiber quadrexer all season tyres and they lasted as long as I had the car (5 years) and 30000 miles. A company bought by Michelin.

Michelin also own BF Goodrich, Tigar, Sebring and Riken - also ATS Euromaster and Blackcircles ........

What I did find strange today, they actually got the tyre pressure within 1 psi without me telling them.

They were puzzled by my fobo bluetooth tyre pressure valve caps ;-)

4 hours ago, Anthony Poli said:

What I did find strange today, they actually got the tyre pressure within 1 psi without me telling them.

They were puzzled by my fobo Bluetooth tyre pressure valve caps ;-)

Need pics of those fancy BT tyre pressure caps to proof u not telling porkies! :tongue:

22 hours ago, Wayne2015 said:

Just beware - if weather above 7degrees then u may get worse mpg!

Where does that idea about the Crossclimate come from? 

42 minutes ago, Wayne2015 said:

Yay! :laugh:

Screenshot_2016-10-27-16-35-53_zps4yqj7s

already been "below freezing" temps & snow in parts of Scotland this month ... :wacko:

• Like 1

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:08 PM, Anthony Poli said:

I'm interested in getting some of these fitted too, so let us know how you get on with them please :-)

I'm interested in getting some of these fitted too, so let us know how you get on with them please :-)

On the drive back home at 40mph, the noise level was about the same. The acid test will be tomorrow morning on the motorway.

I'll report back on Sunday after a 400 mile plus trip to Cambridge and back.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links