Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Find Me An Auris Hybrid!

Wayne2015

Last month i checked on the toyota s recall site ( https://www.toyota.co.uk/owners/vehicle-information/recall-checker ) which states my car is due an outstanding recall - i thought i leave it until the new year

Then this morning received a letter from Toyota (with DVLA logo) stating my car is affected by Hybrid FailSafe mode and awaiting a second letter when the software is available....

So, not sure if both incidents are related? 🤔

Ant!

When u getting your CrossClimates fitted?

New car STILL better and more economical and MORE fun than the old car? 👍

Ant!
When u getting your CrossClimates fitted?
New car STILL better and more economical and MORE fun than the old car? [emoji106]

Had the tyres fitted last Saturday, still waiting for the claim for the cash back. I have got used to switching on my own wipers/lights and changing the mirror now and enjoying the performance. Still a week away from my next fill up.
For my normal commute the economy is about the same, as it is a short distance. Motorway mpg is better now, it’s showing 67mpg after a run to Bolton, which is about 20 miles or more.
The Saturday shopping trip to Blackpool is about the same as it’s less than 20 miles.

You’ll have to take mine for a spin lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi guys, 

Has anyone done the last recall for an ECU reprogramming? I wonder if they are any negative effects afterwards?! I am thinking of doing this together with my annual Hybrid Battery health check. Don’t want to risk losing performance or economy as I am driving a lot and all of this really matter to me. 

Regards 👍

On 11/17/2018 at 8:10 PM, Anthony Poli said:

Had the tyres fitted last Saturday, still waiting for the claim for the cash back. I have got used to switching on my own wipers/lights and changing the mirror now and enjoying the performance. Still a week away from my next fill up.

For my normal commute the economy is about the same, as it is a short distance. Motorway mpg is better now, it’s showing 67mpg after a run to Bolton, which is about 20 miles or more.
The Saturday shopping trip to Blackpool is about the same as it’s less than 20 miles.

You’ll have to take mine for a spin lol

My tyres just arrived 🙂

Booked car in at Costco next Monday 26/11 (all ready for winter then!) 🙂

When u popping over this side of the pennines for my test drive then? 😉

12 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Hi guys, 

Has anyone done the last recall for an ECU reprogramming? I wonder if they are any negative effects afterwards?! I am thinking of doing this together with my annual Hybrid battery health check. Don’t want to risk losing performance or economy as I am driving a lot and all of this really matter to me. 

Regards 👍

Hi Tony and welcome

As far as I am aware my car had all the recall work done (except latest one) - I dont recall any driving/performance etc changes ...

But, that might just be me!

Might be a good idea for u to search this forum or start a new thread...

Hi Wayne, 

thank you for replying to me. I have all recalls done same as you , just not the latest for the ecu, and because this is important for the performance of the engine I am a bit worried, I know many vw owners had their cars totally destroyed after ecu reprogramming because of the emissions thing and after that they ve seen worst mpg and very poor performance overall. I will keep an eye on the that and wait some other ppl opinions to see if everything ok before I book with the dealer. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/20/2018 at 2:11 PM, TonyHSD said:
Hi Wayne, 
thank you for replying to me. I have all recalls done same as you , just not the latest for the ecu, and because this is important for the performance of the engine I am a bit worried, I know many vw owners had their cars totally destroyed after ecu reprogramming because of the emissions thing and after that they ve seen worst mpg and very poor performance overall. I will keep an eye on the that and wait some other ppl opinions to see if everything ok before I book with the dealer. 

Hi Tony

This ecu update isn't for the engine management, so it shouldn't have any effect on the mpg.
This update concerns the ability of the.hybrid system to shutdown in the event of a failure and come to a stop.

Toyota is more reliable than VW [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the info! 

Its always good to know. 

Cheers 🍻

+1 to Ant! 🙂

And Tony, our cars were not involved with the VW scandal - so there isnt anything to worry about in the first place 😉

This morning I received my prepaid card, remember the Michelin cash back promotion.

On another note I’m tempted to buy the map update today and worry about the credit next month lol

Nice (ref voucher)

Where u getting maps?

Nice (ref voucher)
Where u getting maps?

I’m using the Toyota estore and downloading it myself, it is much simpler than the old touch and go unit in the Yaris.

Once bitten twice shy? 😥😄🤔

On 11/24/2018 at 12:22 PM, Anthony Poli said:

I’m using the Toyota estore and downloading it myself, it is much simpler than the old touch and go unit in the Yaris.

agreed. hope that you didn't buy just a single map - better value for a year (or more) service.

On 11/24/2018 at 12:49 PM, Heidfirst said:
agreed. hope that you didn't buy just a single map - better value for a year (or more) service.

It was a surprise the map update and the 3 year package is the same price.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2018 at 12:40 PM, Wayne2015 said:
Once bitten twice shy? [emoji26][emoji1][emoji848]

Don’t fancy paying double for Toyota to do it.

Once bitten twice shy? [emoji26][emoji1][emoji848]

I’ll let you know how it goes, on this car.
Now you don’t need to install the toolbox on windows, just download the zip and extract it on a usb drive and then key in the activation code.

I agree

I paid double and they still only gave me a map 12months old 😵

I agree

I paid double and they still only gave me a map 12months old [emoji43]

The maps are always at least 6 months old, so in my map is about 4 years old even though the car is 3 years old lol

‘‘Tis done
Not t shirt weather, I used the heated seats instead of using the normal cabin heating.
About 30 mins to update from plugging in the usb drive.

Anyone knocked on your window this time and asked for durections? 😅

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links