Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Find Me An Auris Hybrid!

Wayne2015

Tomtom map but Toyota sat nav. I used the toolbox last time, even added the glass of water app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

are you sure that it's a Tomtom map (& not just perhaps traffic info or similar service) in an Auris? Pretty sure that my 2012 Avensis with Touch & Go used mapping from Here.

A Yaris may have had an actual oem Tomtom unit?

24 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

Yes.

I don't think that any Auris had Tomtom as standard oem. In a 2012 Auris is it a Touch & Go unit? If so you will probably need to use the Toyota Toolbox programme. 

Some of the first generation Auris (2012 models) had the Toyota Touch/Touch & Go multimedia units, as did the second generation Auris which went on sale in December 2012.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Anthony Poli said:

I tested the printer by printing a no assembly required working bearing. It spins like the real thing,

fdba12ff2d013b6dc2afae351fe9d4a4.jpg

Patent it

Mass produce it in your basement

Then sell it back to the Chinese at 1/2 their prices but 10times their quality? :laugh:

3 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

Yes.

I don't think that any Auris had Tomtom as standard oem. In a 2012 Auris is it a Touch & Go unit? If so you will probably need to use the Toyota Toolbox programme. 

Thanks!

But when i played with that toyota map update website, one satnav model did say go to TomTom website? :huh:

3 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

are you sure that it's a Tomtom map (& not just perhaps traffic info or similar service) in an Auris? Pretty sure that my 2012 Avensis with Touch & Go used mapping from Here.

A Yaris may have had an actual oem Tomtom unit?

C8ODEb.png

3aaPJi.png

fair enough, I didn't think that the UK 2012 Auris was offered with the TNS410 - but what system do you have in your car?

1 minute ago, Heidfirst said:

fair enough, I didn't think that the UK 2012 Auris was offered with the TNS410 - but what system do you have in your car?

I just going by the website :biggrin:

I am away from home

So will check manual when back...

Actually, let me check the SETUP now...

Ok

Anyone know which SatNav device i got?

Iu6znd.jpg

sg4n8q.jpg

It's a 59028 :tongue:

I believe that is Touch & Go (& from Spring 2011!). if you don't have a manual you should be able to download the full manual foc from Toyota/MyToyota .

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

It's a 59028 :tongue:

I believe that is Touch & Go (& from Spring 2011!). if you don't have a manual you should be able to download the full manual foc from Toyota/MyToyota .

Looks like there is a new map available for me! :smile:

pTigeW.png

Although, dosent say how to order?

Do i just go to my nearest Toyota? :huh:

I am surprised that there isn't a later one from Autumn.

Just now, Heidfirst said:

I am surprised that there isn't a later one from Autumn.

My bad, missed last page!

5MujTF.png

Any idea how often Toyota releases maps? :huh:

meant to be 2x a year although whilst I had Touch & Go it certainly wasn't every 6 months. With Touch & Go I sometimes found that Toolbox would show an update as available when the website above didn't.

https://toyota.naviextras.com/shop/portal/howto-guide?guide=Toolbox

A bit soon to tell with the Touch 2 with Go in my new car but I've already updated it to the Autumn 2017 map from the Spring one so maybe they are getting better.

• Like 1

meant to be 2x a year although whilst I had Touch & Go it certainly wasn't every 6 months. With Touch & Go I sometimes found that Toolbox would show an update as available when the website above didn't.

A bit soon to tell with the Touch 2 with Go in my new car but I've already updated it to the Autumn 2017 map from the Spring one so maybe they are getting better.

Once home from Christmas leave I will check with both Toyota and the Toolbox - would prefer latest if it is available

May I ask how much was your updates?

Was it a DIY from Toolbox (or at Dealers - more expensive)? :huh:

Being a 2017 car it came with 3 years free updates - this is now standard with Toyota in the UK afaik. Once out of that it's iirc~£109/year for map only, £129 incl. connected services or £199 for 3 years maps incl. connected services (obviously a good deal if you think that you will have the car that long). Cross that bridge when I get to it! :laugh: 

I did it myself on both my old car with T&G & the new car with T2 with G.

• Thanks 1

Being a 2017 car it came with 3 years free updates - this is now standard with Toyota in the UK afaik. Once out of that it's iirc~£109/year for map only or £199 for 3 years incl. connected services. Cross that bridge when I get to it! :laugh: 

I did it myself on both my old car with T&G & the new car with T2 with G.

Thanks! :smile:

I was worried it might be the £200+ per update! :ohmy:

Will find out myself then when i do the update :cool:

Iirc the really expensive one was the system with an HDD which afaik only dealers could do! :ohmy:

3 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

Iirc the really expensive one was the system with an HDD which afaik only dealers could do! :ohmy:

Yes

Heard some of the BMWs had that!

My previous cars were just DVDs :laugh:

Come to think of it, what storage is the T&G (DVD, USB, ?)? :huh:

USB stick>8GB required for the updates iirc.

I imagine that your unit will get some firmware updates at the same time as the mapping so you may also find some improved/new features.

Biggest pain is that you have to keep the engine running whilst updating & that can take an hour! Otherwise in acc. mode the car will switch off to save the Battery & the interrupted update could result in a borked head unit.

• Thanks 1

Thanks smile.png
Once home from Christmas leave I will check with both Toyota and the Toolbox - would prefer latest if it is available

May I ask how much was your updates?
Was it a DIY from Toolbox (or at Dealers - more expensive)? huh.png

I will have to check for updates on the Yaris at the weekend. From my experience last time it was a pain in the rear, firstly the first usb stick didn’t play nice and after that it took a few try’s to get the toolbox to let me check for updates.

Shame the toolbox is windows only.

I imagine that your unit will get some firmware updates at the same time as the mapping so you may also find some improved/new features.
Biggest pain is that you have to keep the engine running whilst updating & that can take an hour! Otherwise in acc. mode the car will switch off to save the battery & the interrupted update could result in a borked head unit.

Don’t forget the time taken to download the updates as well ;-)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Anthony Poli said:

I will have to check for updates on the Yaris at the weekend. From my experience last time it was a pain in the rear, firstly the first usb stick didn’t play nice and after that it took a few try’s to get the toolbox to let me check for updates.

Shame the toolbox is windows only.

Get off ye posh MAC! Lol

9 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

Biggest pain is that you have to keep the engine running whilst updating & that can take an hour! Otherwise in acc. mode the car will switch off to save the battery & the interrupted update could result in a borked head unit.

Thanks again :thumbup:

Will either let Dealer do it 

Else my car can run for up to 30mins electric alone, then top up by petrol engine :laugh:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links