Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Find Me An Auris Hybrid!

Wayne2015

Can I ask...

I read the manual and still dont get it :dontgetit:

The 3 driving modes in front of the gear stick: EV, ECO and PWR

How does t work?

Is it not all auto?

Why press EV when it only lasts 1miles or engine kicks in when need power?

What does it do when press ECO?

none of the button is pressed in my car (nothing lights up on dash) - I just drive it as is....

If it is a change in tyre size, then inform your insurer, and they will decide whether to accept the change, and whether it counts as a chargeable modification. Better to inform than not ..........

• Like 1

Can I ask...

How does t work?

Is it not all auto?

none of the button is pressed in my car (nothing lights up on dash) - I just drive it as is....

Have you looked at your owner's manual? If you don't have an owner's manual, you can download a pdf copy from: https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual

Can I ask...

How does t work?

Is it not all auto?

Have you looked at your owner's manual? If you don't have an owner's manual, you can download a pdf copy from: https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/eManual

LOL

I read it about a million times - still do not get the logic.

Apart from the PWR button - used like SPORTS MODE in an auto - whats the use of the other 2 buttons?

Plus, none of mine are pressed - is that allowed?

SO apart from PWR button for sports mode - why need for the other 2 buttons (when the car auto decides by: (a) under 30mph and is Battery charged = EV or (b) charge Battery and need more power = ECO)???

.test3_zpsi1awogbx.jpg

Didn't know my car had START/STOP until I switch to the picture of the engine/motor charging the Battery mode and noticed nothing happens when the car stops :) :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bonnet Badge lighting up? Now that would be cool but prob illegal, i don't think you're allowed to display anything but a white light on the front of the vehicle - with the exception of the flashers of course. There was British car called the Wolseley that had an illuminated Badge on the front and was quite distinctive. Ahhhhh here I go again, the old 6/80 with gear driven OHC and twin SU carbs, what a beastie,

• Like 1

Have you got a plan together for these wheels of yours Wayne?

Start wire brushing, rubbing down etc while the old tyres are still on then paint the wheels and hope the tyre fitter doesn't butcher them too much.

Get the new tyres fitted and then very carefully do the paint jobbie.

Buy the tyres yourself and take the car along to get the wheels powder coated and the new tyres fitted.

Have you got a plan together for these wheels of yours Wayne?

Start wire brushing, rubbing down etc while the old tyres are still on then paint the wheels and hope the tyre fitter doesn't butcher them too much.

Get the new tyres fitted and then very carefully do the paint jobbie.

Buy the tyres yourself and take the car along to get the wheels powder coated and the new tyres fitted.

U remind me of the days I did all those detailing and powder coat alloys for £15 / corner!

Spend spend spend days are behind me now - its save save SAVE now!

Hence I bought a hybrid and drive like I have slippers on and smoking a pipe - lol

Tyres decided!

Michelin Cross climate

225/45 17

I prefer Nokian Weatherproof (debut in 2015)

Wildly tested and cheaper

But still a winter tyre with summer qualities (excellent in snow and wet, but OK in dry)

Michelin slightly more expensive

Not tested yet

Summer tyres with winter qualities (very good in dry , wet and snow)

But wildly touted as best all rounder for UK

What everyone think?

Tyres ordered!

Michelin CrossClimate

225/45 17

£95 fitted!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

michelin-cross-climate-2.jpg

Great choice Wayne, am sure you'll be happy with them' looked at some reviews - good.Specially like the 1 bar = 68 decibel noise rating.

Smart looking tyres, they'd look best against freshly powder coated alloys, don't you think? Come on, loosen up the purse strings otherwise I'll be thinking there's some truth in the old saying that a Yorkshireman is just a Scotsman stripped of his generosity.

Great choice Wayne, am sure you'll be happy with them' looked at some reviews - good.Specially like the 1 bar = 68 decibel noise rating.

Smart looking tyres, they'd look best against freshly powder coated alloys, don't you think? Come on, loosen up the purse strings otherwise I'll be thinking there's some truth in the old saying that a Yorkshireman is just a Scotsman stripped of his generosity.

LOL

Actually I grew up in the WEST country! :laughing::laughing::laughing::yahoo:

Could have been a puncture or, if that was one of the tyres with sidewall damage, could be as a result of that.

Bit hard to tell from the photo - but is the thread from the wheel stud visible between the wheel and the nut?

Could have been a puncture or, if that was one of the tyres with sidewall damage, could be as a result of that.

Bit hard to tell from the photo - but is the thread from the wheel stud visible between the wheel and the nut?

Cheers bud!
Tyres pics of the inner side below...
No threads visible :)
IMG_20150921_200807_zpsvphuq52s.jpg
IMG_20150921_200817_zpsnw1oewel.jpg
IMG_20150921_200827_zpsqlobnf0n.jpg

According to the MOT:

Advisories...

1. Both rear tyres have sidewall damage but not to cords

2. Both front tyres inner sidewalls starting to split

So, my other front will go soon then :eek::fear::crybaby:

Hence my rush to order those Michelins!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Update

Well, spare wheel going well :thumbsup:

Just hope the front passenger one is holding out tomorrow until the all-season tyres are fitted! :fear::eek::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Couldn't get my usual USB fob (with MP3 songs) to stick into the upper glove compartment USB socket (as sticks out and hence cannot close glove compartment lid)....so got a new MICRO USB fob :)

IMG_20150923_144323_zpsok4r6otz.jpg
Fits PERFECT :clap::yahoo::band:
IMG_20150923_143731_zpsx4ekiojb.jpg
IMG_20150923_143754_zpsd8g5io2f.jpg

Can I ask...

How does t work?

Is it not all auto?

OK

I have a colleague who has the T4,

and he says those [EV] + [ECO] buttons are useless!

he: "Push the EV button and then see what happens after 20mph, it auto switches off!"

I pushed the [EV]

drove a bit fast - "EV disengaged, coz too much acceleration"

I pushed the [EV]

drove steady until 21mph - "EV disengagef, coz above 20mph"

I drove light-footed to 25mph AND watching the PICTURE where the Battery is pushing the wheels -

I pushed the [EV]

- "EV disengagedm coz above 20mph"

So what is the use of that button????? :dontgetit::dontgetit::dontgetit:

I then drove with really LIGHT footed AND picture showing Battery pushing the wheels

- The BEST I got was 40mph :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Anyone knows what a double-beep sound is for

Initially driving past some cameras it double-beeps.

But it doesn't do it for other cameras , just those particular two cameras.

Sat nav is OFF.

But

This morning it double-beep at me whilst driving at 20mph and with no camera in sight ????!!!

Probably the same guy that was stuck behind you yesterday while you were playing with your EV / ECO buttons. He was just telling you to fvkn hurry up!

Lol

No

The double-beep is from under the steering column area (not outside car "dukes of hazzard" tannoy horn!)

It is a speed camera warning. It does it even when the sat nav is turned off.

The setting is buried deep in the settings of the touch 2 go. Took me ages to find it.

• Like 1

It is a speed camera warning. It does it even when the sat nav is turned off.

The setting is buried deep in the settings of the touch 2 go. Took me ages to find it.

Anyway I can check how old my maps are?

It double-beep 2 out of 8 cameras on my road (and those cameras been on there for years!)

Plus why it double-beep at me when no cameras (1st time since I driven on same road three times now)????

BTW

Anyone got a [CAR] button next to their stereo???

IMG_20150923_165220_zps8ntgjzoa.jpg

My local National Tyres branch just confirmed my 4 Michelin CrossClimate are here! WHOOPEE! :) :) :)

Booked in for 2:30pm ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links