Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Find Me An Auris Hybrid!

Wayne2015

Oh and by the way Frosters, can ye no' simplify this board a bit so that I can put multiple pictures (or at least two) oin the one reply with a space and some text in between?

]

How u upload pics, Tom?

Photobucket is fine :)

But if u "cut n paste" then its only one at a time (in my experience anyway)!

Wayne, I usually upload them direct from my desktop or from a memory stick. I used to have a photobucket account but haven't used it in yoinks.

Just thought, if I make a post with a pic in it then click "Edit" and put another pic in it that might work. but there's probably a smarter way than that.

Otherwise you'd have a rear wishbone setup something like this

So,

Mine better or yours or the wishbone?

Wayne, I usually upload them direct from my desktop or from a memory stick. I used to have a photobucket account but haven't used it in yoinks.

Just thought, if I make a post with a pic in it then click "Edit" and put another pic in it that might work. but there's probably a smarter way than that.

Yes "Edit" that is what I do sometimes (else its photobucket link)...

Best to wait for reply from Frosty (or others) ....

So,

Mines has the wishbone system Wayne and, as I've said on here before, I preferred the torsion box system I had on my last Auris. the wishbone and multi-link should be a better system but I don't know whether it's too flimsy on the Icon or what but it's definitely not as stable when at the rear end when you push it.

So,

Mines has the wishbone system Wayne and, as I've said on here before, I preferred the torsion box system I had on my last Auris. the wishbone and multi-link should be a better system but I don't know whether it's too flimsy on the Icon or what but it's definitely not as stable when at the rear end when you push it.

I was looking to buy the latest mk3 Yaris.

They said there was an issue with stability (?) on the early Mk3 (pre-facelift) - but sorted it in the latest facelift Yaris by stiffening the suspension(?) - is that the same as replacing the Torsion with Wishbone???

Stability on a Yaris???? What am i, the Toyota question and answer service centre? No, there's lots of things they can do with suspension including making genuine improvements and telling lies, sorry, using very technophobe language in their sales brochures.

I don't know what's on the Yaris but I had one as a courtesy car for a couple of days last year and, while it's a great wee car in many ways, i thought it lacked the wheelbase to make it comfortable on longer journeys. You know what the Yanks say, There is no substitute for horsepower and there is no substitute for wheelbase.

Stability on a Yaris???? What am i, the Toyota question and answer service centre? No, there's lots of things they can do with suspension including making genuine improvements and telling lies, sorry, using very technophobe language in their sales brochures.

I don't know what's on the Yaris but I had one as a courtesy car for a couple of days last year and, while it's a great wee car in many ways, i thought it lacked the wheelbase to make it comfortable on longer journeys. You know what the Yanks say, There is no substitute for horsepower and there is no substitute for wheelbase.

And there is no substitute for gas!

(yeah right and u got em cheap!) :laughing::laughing::laughing:

PS I see we're up to 14 pages now!

WE = Just me + U ;)

Quick detailing from a friend :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

BEFORE

IMG_20150927_103529_zps25qyo8dm.jpg
AFTER
IMG_20150927_124904_zpsy4jdnhf7.jpg
1. RINSE
2. FOAM
IMG_20150927_104012_zpsmidgg85v.jpg
IMG_20150927_104102_zpsxs1nonnb.jpg
3. PURPLE RAIN
IMG_20150927_105044_zpsq3lagyjj.jpg
IMG_20150927_105137_zpszvvnule6.jpg

4. clay MITTON (faster than a clay bar)

IMG_20150927_115900_zps0ecbhqkg.jpg

5. SHAGGY PILE - to dry off....

IMG_20150927_114556_zpsv61tcxcg.jpg

6. Friend says too much contaminants on paint work - so DA POLISHER comes out!

IMG_20150927_115706_zpskz2bm7hp.jpg
Amount of grime/dirt even the polisher brings up :fear::eek:
IMG_20150927_115802_zpszju3gcwo.jpg
IMG_20150927_120826_zpsuxm8celx.jpg
7. SEALANT (decided no time for wax)
IMG_20150927_122836_zpssc36t1do.jpg
IMG_20150927_121437_zpswtfk5xia.jpg
IMG_20150927_120840_zpshtzyq14d.jpg

8. TYRE SHINE

IMG_20150927_131129_zpshibblovm.jpg
BEFORE
IMG_20150924_151903_zps3slo90ub.jpg

AFTER

IMG_20150927_131448_zpsarqjmzzg.jpg

Aye your car's starting to look the bsiness Wayne, you're making a big difference. Tell me, is yours the pearlescent white finish? I really like that but they only make it available on the upper spec cars, poor minions with the poverty pack don't get that option.

Did you find any more dings on the bodywork when you did it?

I'm not a yuppie polish or designer balm man myself, the old Tesco shampoo for washing and when it comes to polish anything that says + 50% (or more) FREE on the tin is my kind of stuff. the rain still falls on it and the birds still !Removed! on it. Did you not have an audience of the women folk watching you while you did all this? they usually find it fascinating to watch men working. specially navvies stripped to the waist!

Aye your car's starting to look the bsiness Wayne, you're making a big difference. Tell me, is yours the pearlescent white finish? I really like that but they only make it available on the upper spec cars, poor minions with the poverty pack don't get that option.

Did you find any more dings on the bodywork when you did it?

I'm not a yuppie polish or designer balm man myself, the old Tesco shampoo for washing and when it comes to polish anything that says + 50% (or more) FREE on the tin is my kind of stuff. the rain still falls on it and the birds still poop on it. Did you not have an audience of the women folk watching you while you did all this? they usually find it fascinating to watch men working. specially navvies stripped to the waist!

p00p

Thanks Tom!

Yup!

pearlescent white! :)

Do they do it in other whites???

Yup

Plenty of dings, rusted stone chips, de-laminated front/back number plates (MOT failure) :(

Plenty of ladies, Tom!

With zimmer frames and walking at a snail s pace all of them!

Not a brickee/builder, Tom! No exposed bum!!!! Lol

Ever notice that women (who don't have walking frames) usually stand with their arms folded when they're watching / talking? That's because they don't know what to do with their hands when they don't have a pram to push.

So, another question. what's planned for the inside? Complete gutting ie seats out, visors out, headlining wash, seats dry cleaned (or do you have LEATHER???) - more poverty pack jealousy - wee camel ahir paint brushes to clean out the air vents? But please, please, please none of them air fresheners that clip on to the vents. I had a lift from a guy the other day in a Beemer that had one of those things at each of the face level vents and he had the HVAC system on auto which in a BMW either means whisper quiet or tornado roar. I was glad to get out of that thing.

Lol

Cool :)

Yup

1/2 leather

Not really a cloth cleaning person.

So on inside I just:

1. Vac

2. Leather clean + leather conditioner

3. Meguiers rubber/trim conditioner - for dash, seals and all internal plastics

Engine bay:

1. De-grease using Bilt Hamber Surfex HD

2. Plastics using Aerospace protectant 303

Seal Alloys:

1. Finnish Kare FK1000p (also excellent for sealing paintwork :))

PS

Days of dangling air freshners on rear mirror or on air vents are behind me now - lol

As are big pink fluffy dices...

car's looking great Wayne, all the hard work's been worth it. Were your brakes sticky this morning after all that Purple Rain etc? Meant to say to you to do a couple of handbrake turns to dry them out.

car's looking great Wayne, all the hard work's been worth it. Were your brakes sticky this morning after all that Purple Rain etc? Meant to say to you to do a couple of handbrake turns to dry them out.

Cheers Tom!

Brakes fine :)

Just rear brakes (handbrake) a bit sticky in morning or when left for a while....

Uooooohhhh, sticky handbrake is it? Rememner that big 14lb hammer I told you about? time to get it out!

Uooooohhhh, sticky handbrake is it? Rememner that big 14lb hammer I told you about? time to get it out!

LOL

Just have to NOT use handbrake then!

(Remember I have an auto?!!! :lol2: :lol: :D :P ;) )

Averaging 53 mpg :) :) :)

@18 mph

@8 degrees

@400+ range

@6miles city commute each way + twice weekly on dual carriageway @60mph at nights

IMG_20150929_061023_zpsbuy9ukxt.jpg

IMG_20150929_061005_zpsvxrtdgge.jpg

IMG_20150929_061248_zpsgwmbo3zt.jpg

IMG_20150929_061049_zpss4ob2qpi.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links