Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Find Me An Auris Hybrid!

Wayne2015

aye, no worries Wayne, i'm only ragging you, don't mean anything. Ahm just jealous, ,I accidentally zeroed my mpg thing and i've been driving mine like Miss Daisy the past of couple of weeks, managed to get aboyt 44 mpg and thought i was doing well then you come along with your 65.8 mpg! not only that, you've got a T Spirit and i'm stuck with a poverty pack Icon.

Your car looks great, i like it in white.

aye, no worries Wayne, i'm only ragging you, don't mean anything. Ahm just jealous, ,I accidentally zeroed my mpg thing and i've been driving mine like Miss Daisy the past of couple of weeks, managed to get aboyt 44 mpg and thought i was doing well then you come along with your 65.8 mpg! not only that, you've got a T Spirit and i'm stuck with a poverty pack Icon.

Your car looks great, i like it in white.

LOL
Cheers Tom! :)

But your ICON is Mk2 (I only got a Mk1 :()

Yours not a Hybrid then?

Yes, I think todays white car looks better than white cars of the 80s

I already had a few digs from friends and colleagues saying "But, its WHITE?!!!" - lol

Anyway

Unsure whether to get:

Uniroyal RainSport3 : WET Tyres (quite good in snow as summer tyres)

or

Vredestein Quatrac Lite : All season (but can't find any)

or

Bridgestone A001: All season (but past my budget :()

or

Nokian Weatherproof: All season (none available for my car of 215/45R17 :( :( :()

Where cars have 'privacy glass' as OE nowadays it Is usually film rather than dark tinted glass - one way for manufacturers to reduce costs.

"Anyway

Unsure whether to get:

or

or

or

Nokian Weatherproof: All season (none available for my car of 215/45R17 :( :( :()"

Depending upon rim width you could switch to 225/45 R17 or 205/50 R17. Speedo would be out by ~1mph compared to current but it probably over-reads atm by 5-7%.

Where cars have 'privacy glass' as OE nowadays it Is usually film rather than dark tinted glass - one way for manufacturers to reduce costs.

:eek::fear::crybaby:

"Anyway

Unsure whether to get:

or

or

or

Nokian Weatherproof: All season (none available for my car of 215/45R17 :( :( :()"

Depending upon rim width you could switch to 225/45 R17 or 205/50 R17. Speedo would be out by ~1mph compared to current but it probably over-reads atm by 5-7%.

Cheers

Do u mean getting new alloys as well (or sticking the new size tyres on my existing alloys)?

putting different (possibly more common) sized tyres on your existing alloys. Do you know the width of your existing rims (the 225/45s would need a wider rim than the 205/50)?

Of course you can always buy new wheels if you want.

putting different (possibly more common) sized tyres on your existing alloys. Do you know the width of your existing rims (the 225/45s would need a wider rim than the 205/50)?

Of course you can always buy new wheels if you want.

Cool

Would it void my insurance or warranty?

Couldn't find the heated seats button....guess my Auris has no heated seats then :( :( :(

And couldn't play MP3 songs from USB stick, as when I stick me USB stick into the USB Socket in the top glove compartment - can't close the compartment as it hits the USB stick .....will need to order a new SMALLER USB stick then ... :flowers:

Just saw this sill dent this morning....

IMG_20150920_122510_zps3fuvjivd.jpg

Need 4 new tyres asap, as loads of cracks and look at this whopper chunk missing..

IMG_20150920_122543_zpsecsn7vks.jpg

How LOW is damaging to engine/motor????

IMG_20150920_140615_zps3jl4jysc.jpg

You need to get into that car of yours with the sponge wash then clay bar and polish Wayne, nothing better than getting up close and personal to find out all the defects (and we've all got them).

btw for your tyre size if you want to stick to your original rums there's a variety of tyre widths you can fit. Assuming you have 8J wheels you can fit anything from 215 to 245mm width. Provided you keep the same aspect ratio you will maintain your original rolling radius.

• Like 1

You need to get into that car of yours with the sponge wash then clay bar and polish Wayne, nothing better than getting up close and personal to find out all the defects (and we've all got them).

btw for your tyre size if you want to stick to your original rums there's a variety of tyre widths you can fit. Assuming you have 8J wheels you can fit anything from 215 to 245mm width. Provided you keep the same aspect ratio you will maintain your original rolling radius.

Cool!

I'll get the garage who will be fitting the tyres to check! :)

My days of detailing are gone :(

No drive

No garage

No quiet piece of public road

Too OLD too!

Best I can do is detail the glass....I plan to:

1. Wash

2. clay

3. IPA

4. 3 layers of AngleWax H2GO (rain repellant)

7J X 225 it is!

Cheers Bud! :) :) :)

Checked: £83 delivered = sub £400 fiited :)

OK so you've ordered tyres 225 width but what aspect ratio? 35's 40's 45's 50's 55's 60's 65's 70's 75's or 80's (really tall rubber).

What make, is it Uniroyal Rainsports they're OK them.

OK so you've ordered tyres 225 width but what aspect ratio? 35's 40's 45's 50's 55's 60's 65's 70's 75's or 80's (really tall rubber).

What make, is it Uniroyal Rainsports they're OK them.

Not ordered yet!

Will see if garage can order and fit for me in one go!

Wanted WET tyres Uniroyal RS3 - but wear on them is terrible! :(

(all season) Nokian Weatherproof 225/45 R17 - ok isn't it?

Just asked about them Rainsports 'cos I heard they were OK and that tyre place with National in the title were doing a great deal on them a wee while back. I like their web site for ordering, it gives you a lot more options than some of the others. They're still a bunch of chancers when it comes to fitting them and you have to keep on their case eg they ran up my wheel nuts with an air gun then made a big show of getting a torque wrench and going round all the wheel nuts. But the torque wrench just clicked on every nut showing that they were already torqued up beyond the limit. Made 'em back them all off and re-torque.

I've got no idea about them Nokian Weatherproof, never had them. Personally I'm a Michelin fan, to me there is no better tyre.

Just asked about them Rainsports 'cos I heard they were OK and that tyre place with National in the title were doing a great deal on them a wee while back. I like their web site for ordering, it gives you a lot more options than some of the others. They're still a bunch of chancers when it comes to fitting them and you have to keep on their case eg they ran up my wheel nuts with an air gun then made a big show of getting a torque wrench and going round all the wheel nuts. But the torque wrench just clicked on every nut showing that they were already torqued up beyond the limit. Made 'em back them all off and re-torque.

I've got no idea about them Nokian Weatherproof, never had them. Personally I'm a Michelin fan, to me there is no better tyre.

LOL

Yes - National are a good place for cheap stuff - I used to like em - but found a good local garage with similar prices.

Tightening of nuts depends on the person too!

My local garage uses a torque wrench for final tightening up - then one day discovered another staff didn;t use one - eeek!

Nokian is one of the (if not) the BEST winter tyre brand.

I have used their Nokian WR3 before and also not too pricey too :) :) :)

Latest Nokian Weatherproof just been voted BEST all-season tyre in the AutoExpress 2015 test (kindly posted by member Heidfirst on here):

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/92863/all-season-tyres-test-2015-top-all-weather-tyres-tested

.season_zpscogvydp3.jpg

Nokian Weatherproof is actually a winter tyre (with snow flake symbol stamped on it) but designed to be used all round - the autoexpress test shows its EXCELLENT in snow and summer roads :) :) :)

225/45 R17s should be on a 7.5-9.0 rim

205/50 R17 can fit on 5.5 -7.0

http://www.alloywheels.com/tyre-calculator

at any rate if you are changing the tyre spec. you should notify your insurance company - some will be OK with it, some will surcharge & some will just not entertain any change of spec. (e.g. Toyota's own insurance).

225/45 R17s should be on a 7.5-9.0 rim

205/50 R17 can fit on 5.5 -7.0

http://www.alloywheels.com/tyre-calculator

I thought the 7J can take 205-215 ideally (but smallest 195 - biggest 225)?

If I go down to 205/50 - would that not change the rolling circumference now it has bigger 50 walls????

Might even rub my wheel arches?

Looks ok?

.test_zpstgpspc5t.jpg

LOL

Yes - National are a good place for cheap stuff - I used to like em - but found a good local garage with similar prices.

My local garage uses a torque wrench for final tightening up - then one day discovered another staff didn;t use one - eeek!

I had to read that bit twice there, lol. Reminds me of the joke about the guy with his clam digger on a desert island.

LOL

I had to read that bit twice there, lol. Reminds me of the joke about the guy with his clam digger on a desert island.

LOL

U keep your linky thoughts to yourself! !! :lol:

Just checked...

205s are £10 more per tyres than 225s :( :( :(

"If I go down to 205/50 - would that not change the rolling circumference now it has bigger 50 walls????

Might even rub my wheel arches?"

Going to a 225/45 will also change your rolling circumference slightly - but for both it's under 2% difference.

Where are you looking at your tyre prices? The likes of Oponeo only has a £5 difference (obviously 225/45 R 17 is more common than 205/50 R17).

• Like 1

"If I go down to 205/50 - would that not change the rolling circumference now it has bigger 50 walls????

Might even rub my wheel arches?"

Going to a 225/45 will also change your rolling circumference slightly - but for both it's under 2% difference.

Where are you looking at your tyre prices? The likes of Oponeo only has a £5 difference (obviously 225/45 R 17 is more common than 205/50 R17).

Thanks!

Looking at OPENEO, MYTYRES and can-remember-other-one - I also included the delivery charge if applicable.

So, 205 better fit or 225?

Would I need to inform my insurer / toyota warranty?