Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Find Me An Auris Hybrid!

Wayne2015

Think my ventilation stinks now after the air con service (19.5 degrees with air con off) :( :( :(

Still to do:

1. Private plate to go on (cheaper to put on car than to pay fee to retain)

2. Buy BOGOF warranty

3. Buy service plan

4. Car bodywork had winter protection (2 coats of sealants)

- I need to apply FK1000p sealant s to alloys (winter grits will kill them)

- Angelwax H2GO water repellant go all external glass (helps with frost / frozen ice too :))

Wayne said: Anyway, After switching off for say 20seconds There is this horrible mechanical movement sound directly under the steering wheel - what is it???

>>> I dont know what the noise is but has it just started happening since you had the air conditioning system done? I know my Jeep Grand Cherokees used to go through a self-calibration mode of their systems periodically and this gave some weired noises while they did this but I dont know whether yours does anything like that.

Is your air-con working OK?

Recorded the noise - had to wait about a minute or 2 (after power off) to record it...

Ignore the first few seconds of noises AND the last second (whilst I stopped the recording)...

It's the last few seconds with that LATCH MOVEMENT noise followed by a SLIDING noise (total 4-8seconds bit!!!) ????

What is it?

It's come directly from below the steering column....

Air con was fine

No smell

Cold, but not ice cold

Thought it might be due an full air con service

PAID Toyota £60 this Tue for it.

Day 1: Same coldness, some clinical/perfume smell

Day 2: Started to smell musty

Day 2: Drive home, on full blast - really really STENCH of smelly socks - eeek! :( :( :(

Taking it back to Toyota......

Sometimes even your best friends won't tell you but....

post-140480-0-59966400-1443802161_thumb.

Sometimes even your best friends won't tell you but....

LOL

It NOT me! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Just shopping around for :

1. BOGOF Warranty

2. Service Plan

1st dealership

- standard bogof warranty £546

- service plans for 2/3/4 years with 10% off parts + 1/2 price MOT and just a few quid off standard servicing :(

Dealer 2:

Walked in - no one to greet us, no one about

Help ourselves to free hot chocs

After 10mins still a ghost dealership

Then a guy comes in to get a free coffee...

Me: u work here?

Him: er, yeah

Me: can we speak to someone in service?

Him: er, sorry, course u can

Manager: hello, can I help?

Interesting...

2nd dealership :

Service plan same, except they wanted a deposit (whereas 1st one didn't)

BOGOF warranty £576 - eeeek!

- then came down to £556 apparently this is affected by a BURN RATE ????

Burn Rate according to Wiki is another name for negative cash flow (ie the company's, not yours)

I don't get it

Don't you have to pay upfront for the service plan? Surely you don't just enter into an agreement then pay for the services as and when you get them?

Burn Rate according to Wiki is another name for negative cash flow (ie the company's, not yours)

I don't get it

Don't you have to pay upfront for the service plan? Surely you don't just enter into an agreement then pay for the services as and when you get them?

Apparently not

They offered a lump sum payment or a % free direct debit

What they do is u have to either pay it off in one go (hence when service is due, they already have my money)

OR

They work it out so that by the time the service is due, the direct debit payment accumulated will pay off the service cost :driving:

What I don't get is the Warranty Burn rate???

Surely if the Warranty is valid in ALL Toyota dealerships, why does the individual dealership burn rate affect the warranty cost??? :dontgetit:

Interesting...

2nd dealership :

Service plan same, except they wanted a deposit (whereas 1st one didn't)

BOGOF warranty £576 - eeeek!

- then came down to £556 apparently this is affected by a BURN RATE ????

Oh

And supply + fit rear brake pads: £100 :)

Apparently not, hey offered a lump sum payment or a % free direct debit

What they do is u have to either pay it off in one go (hence when service is due, they already have my money)

OR

They work it out so that by the time the service is due, the direct debit payment accumulated will pay off the service cost :driving:

When i bought my present car they offered me a 3 year service plan. I called up a local garage that i use and trust and asked them how much they would take BUT emphasised they would have to follow the Toyota service plan. They came back with a price that was actually dearer than the Toyota one.

Since I had this CVT box and no-one seems to know anything about it except Toyota, i though um belt and braces, go with the Toyota plan, save some dosh and, if anything goes wrong with ye CVT box of magic I should be 100% covered.

As for the Burn Rate well...... who knows.

so, the quote for the rear pads. You don't have the Electric parking brake on the Hybrid do you?

I suppose the quote is OK for genuine parts etc but have a look at your discs' thickness before you commit. If they're down to or below the limit they'll want to change them and the Toyota discs might be beaucoup bucks.

• Like 1

Apparently not, hey offered a lump sum payment or a % free direct debit

OR

When i bought my present car they offered me a 3 year service plan. I called up a local garage that i use and trust and asked them how much they would take BUT emphasised they would have to follow the Toyota service plan. They came back with a price that was actually dearer than the Toyota one.

Since I had this CVT box and no-one seems to know anything about it except Toyota, i though um belt and braces, go with the Toyota plan, save some dosh and, if anything goes wrong with ye CVT box of magic I should be 100% covered.

As for the Burn Rate well...... who knows.

Well

After looking at the 2 dealer quotes I got there seems to be a trend..

1. Prices do differ a little but, unless there is a special offer somewhere, then its probably better to go with the most convenient dealer

2. Amazingly the sales pitch "substantial discounts and inflation-proof" for the service plan is a bit hollow as I worked out its only a few quids cheaper - but u do get 1/2 price MOT (so a saving of an extra £20(?) annually)

3. Service Plan probably better by direct debit (than lump sum payment) as if the VAT is reduced or a new discounted offer is made available in the future, then I am allowed to cancel my direct debit with immediately effect :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. Surprisingly NOT all the dealership advertised their BOGOF warranty online - but the cheapest is still the one near my parents in Bristol (I am in Yorkshire) - so I probably go with that one and save £30

5. As for Service Plan, just one more dealership to obtain quote (like building work quotes, I like to obtain 3 quotes :)) - but probably just go with my nearest dealership.... :driving::driving::driving:

so, the quote for the rear pads. You don't have the Electric parking brake on the Hybrid do you?

I suppose the quote is OK for genuine parts etc but have a look at your discs' thickness before you commit. If they're down to or below the limit they'll want to change them and the Toyota discs might be beaucoup bucks.

Cool thanks Tom :thumbsup:

What's electric parking brake?

I just got the "P" button for the auto gear

And the normal handbrake lever ....

Service plans I've had, I've always gone for the interest free direct debit option just for convenience. Thing to bear in mind is that Toyota, since the Fixed Price Service scheme has been in operation, have increased the prices on that scheme, so it is quite probable that during the life of your service plan the Fixed Price Service costs will increase again - yet your service plan won't increase, so you will save a bit that way. That is what I found with my current car and service plan.

The quote for the rear brake pads is the standard Toyota Fixed Price Repair cost - see https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/service-and-maintenance/repairs.json

• Like 1

When we replaced our second car in July with another new i20, Hyundai now offer a service package which can only be ordered on new cars at the time of purchase. This seems to offer good value, especially when compared to the dealer service plans - £349 for 3 years servicing and £599 for 5 years servicing.

Used car buyers just have the option of a service plan or pay as you go servicing.

Some other manufacturers offer something similar (ie Mini) - just wonder whether Toyota may follow suit at some time in the future.

• Like 1

When we replaced our second car in July with another new i20, Hyundai now offer a service package which can only be ordered on new cars at the time of purchase. This seems to offer good value, especially when compared to the dealer service plans - £349 for 3 years servicing and £599 for 5 years servicing.

Used car buyers just have the option of a service plan or pay as you go servicing.

Some other manufacturers offer something similar (ie Mini) - just wonder whether Toyota may follow suit at some time in the future.

Yes

Apart from a massive depreciation once u drive a brand new car off the forecourts - recently service plans and even extended warranty on a brand new cars are very very tempting and fantastic value for money... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I agree there Frosty.

The 1st dealer asked how many years I wanted a quote on the service plan?

I replied: "How many years do u offer?"

Dealer: "As long as u like, once u buy, the price is FIXED for as long as u continue to pay" :thumbsup::yahoo::band:

:blow:Haw haw haw, you got yir knuckles rapped for puntin' adverts :blow: :blow: :blow::driving: :driving: :driving:

Been there, done that, had it myself. :blow::disgust::dontgetit::drunk::fireman::fireman2: :fireman2:

Whit's yer next trick?????????????

post-140480-0-10615800-1443966319_thumb.

:blow:Haw haw haw, you got yir knuckles rapped for puntin' adverts :blow: :blow: :blow::driving: :driving: :driving:

Been there, done that, had it myself. :blow::disgust::dontgetit::drunk::fireman::fireman2: :fireman2:

Confused? :dontgetit:

Please enlighten me :doctor:

Now, now, Wayne, you put up a post at 11.46am which included the following:
“Just checked my 3rd (final) dealer website for prices and ... :eek::fear: :fear: :fear:
Fixed Price Repairs Take a look at the prices below for your particular Toyota model to see how little our fixed price repairs will cost you………. “ Followed by a load of prices etc.
>>>> You must have noticed that your post had subsequently been wiped clean by the Great Moderator and left there, an eviscerated Shell as a warning to future transgressors?
Post getting wiped clean by the Great Moderator = rap on knuckles.
Don't worry, Bud - It only hurts for a little while!!!

Now, now, Wayne, you put up a post at 11.46am which included the following:

“Just checked my 3rd (final) dealer website for prices and ... :eek::fear: :fear: :fear:

Fixed Price Repairs Take a look at the prices below for your particular Toyota model to see how little our fixed price repairs will cost you………. “ Followed by a load of prices etc.

>>>> You must have noticed that your post had subsequently been wiped clean by the Great Moderator and left there, an eviscerated Shell as a warning to future transgressors?

Post getting wiped clean by the Great Moderator = rap on knuckles.

It only hurts for a little while!!!

Lol

No bud

I put post up thinking price for rear pads was £160 on the 3rd dealer website..

Then noticed it was for a Rav4 and not for Auris.

So tried to delete post - but no option to do so...

So I just blanked the post and added "..."

Lol

What can I say?

"Not a lot, not a Lot" as Paul Daniels say.... :lol::lol::lol:

Deleted post for you

• Like 1

Deleted post for you

Be useful if members can delete their own post - any reason why not?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links