Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Autistic Diesel Limp Home Mode

Frustratedone

Does anyone know what causes my auris 2.2 diesel to go into limp home mode? I have cleaned out the egr valve and cleared all the codes on computer. Car starts and drives very well but after a few mins Eml comes on and check engine comes up. It goes into limp home mode. If I switch it off and restart it is fine for another five mins and then history repeats itself. Any comments would be most welcome

welcome to the forum, Dave :)

if you have a code-reader then publishing what you are getting may help to get answers.

fault code says p2002. I am worried because of the stuff I see about injectors and such like

how many miles, specific engine version, service history?

Any signs of oil or coolant usage?

P2002 is a Diesel particulate filter fault repeatedly cleaning the EGR is going to have no affect, the light is on because the filter has clogged and is unable to regenerate.

Or a broken 5th injector for example. That's what I have now. Waiting for the replacement part.

Here are the possible causes of P2002

Condition (a), ( B) or © is met (1-trip detection logic):
(a) Differential pressure exceeds a standard level for more than 10 seconds
( B) Exhaust gas temperature does not rise during DPNR catalyst regeneration
© The DPNR catalyst thermal deterioration data exceeds the threshold.

Devon Aygo told the OP that his DPF was clogged, he didn't get into the reasons why it was clogged.

Incidentally, doesn't a faulty 5th injector generate its own trouble code eg DTC 1386 with an ECM software fault.

post-140480-0-94053200-1442594273_thumb.

Devon Aygo told the OP that his DPF was clogged, he didn't get into the reasons why it was clogged.

Incidentally, doesn't a faulty 5th injector generate its own trouble code eg DTC 1386 with an ECM software fault.

P1386 is also 5th injector malfunction (Injector for Exhaust Fuel Addition). Mine reads P2047 (Reductant Injector Circuit / Open (Bank 1 Unit 1), because the connector of the injector broke off during a gearbox replacement procedure. Then P2002 the same way he described it (few minutes of operation -> limp home mode), because the exhaust gas temperature doesn't get high enough.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links