Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Complete Boost Loss 3000 Revs And Over

Halosas

Hi all am new here have a issue with a Rav 4 2.0D4d 2005 hot or cold drives with no issues, no smoke no mil light no fault codes. up to about 3000 revs all is good. if accelerate hard in any gear it feels like it looses I think boost. it is as if you take foot of accelerate pedal and put back to full throttle a few times. If you shut your eyes you would think this is what the driver was doing it will rev round to over 4000 revs but stutters on the way. no mil light is on any time and no fault codes at all.

work carried out so far. (We have a 2nd fully working rav 4 lucky me.)

IN THIS ORDER

1 Changed fuel filter NEW.
2 Clean egr valve. looks good clean free anyway.
3 Changed pipes and solenoid's from good car all 3 on side of head. boost solenoid etc
4 Changed pipes from 1 to other including vacuum pipes.
5 Changed 2 x SCV valves on fuel pumpicon1.png.
6 checked turbo inlet shaft no major play and free.

very rareicon1.png but sometimes will just rev straight round to 4000+ no problem when driving.

will 100% post results to any test or idea.

thanks in advance.

Hi Im having a similar problem with my 2005 xt5 d4d my engine light came on but no symptoms took it to my local garage who said my glow plugs would need changing in the near future and he reset my light. Then about two months later every now and then there was a slight stutter every now and then.But nothing more then all of a sudden one day while overtaking on the dual carridgeway I lost power and had to pull back in.So I cleaned the egr valve which was quite sooty the rav was great for a couple of days then it started with the power loss again every now and then. I have now changed the air filter to no avail.the thing is the engine light is back on again and the rav wont hardly pull at all what ever you do with the acellerator then all of a sudden there is a great rush of power and its back to normal and will rev right up to 5000 revs then it will be right back to no power it's almost like you are driving with one foot on the brake pedal. any help would be greatly apreciated as i'm looking at changing the scv valves but could do with a point in some sort of direction cheers.

• 2 months later...

I've recently bought a Previa 54 plate, loss of power above 3000 revs turned out to be the air flow meter that sits on top of air filter. garage sorted for me, drives like a different car !

• 4 years later...

I have experienced similar problem to that featured here in my 2002 SWB D4D RAV, initially engine light on and loss of power, then limp mode for a bit.  I have changed the diesel suction control valves and noticed a slight improvement, but it hasn't fixed the problem (just the engine fault light has gone out).  I have tested tested the actuator itself and that is working correctly. So this works but its more the device it actuates that I can't find any useful reference points to tell if the variable veins in the turbo are working correctly.

I have not yet replaced the MAF but want to dis/prove functionality of the turbo and fuelling areas first.  Any pointers on these components and tests grately appreciated

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links