Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dab Radio

Adam Evans

Does anyone know the price or part number for the DAB module for the TNS510 in the IQ.

I have just rang Toyota and they have told me that there isn't one listed.

Or more importantly, has anyone got one for sale :P

Thanks

Toyota finally rang me back and told me it is £276 plus VAT but it MUST have TNS510 too. Good job I have the all singing all dancing radio in mine.

All this to listen to Chris Moyles Breakfast Show !!

Im up north and I am just out of reach from 97.7fm. I can get it sometimes on a sunny day !!!

Put my headlights on and the feedback from the LED's mean I lose all signal.

David, I've got a question for you.

HID headlights usually give feedback when you put your headlights on. That is why I bought the equivalent LED

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Factory-sale-New-arrial-Top-brightness-9012-PH-ILIPS-LED-car-head-lights-adjustable-45W-2/32294992899.html

But they also come with a high voltage pack and I still get feedback..

The packs are cable tied up under the bonnet as there is nowhere to physically secure them.

Will I need to create earthing cables for them or do I need a suppressor for the aerial on the radio ?

That is the aerial I have on my car and it's fantastic. With the stuck on the screen aerial I was lucky to get intermittent reception on about 2 stations. With that aerial I now get lots of stations and they never drop out.

Not cheap but worth it

Craig.

Well, I went about it a slightly different way as I didn't start with the Toyota SatNav TNS-whatever unit.

I built my own DIN size aperture in the dash by using a standard radio housing from a scrap car. You can see what I did near the bottom of this page, post 158.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/134890-an-iq-called-toya/page-16

Craig.

Adam

The problem is that the DC-DC inverters in the HID and LEDs are very cheaply made with very small amount of filtering. So the harmonics of the oscillator multiply up and instead of being filtered out they not only radiate airbourne but get superimposed onto the cars power rail.producing noise on the radio mainly FM. That is why i removed my HIDs then after trying LED i removed them and am back on the originals

David