Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seat Comfort

Martin1973

I have an Aygo Xpression and can't seem to find a comfortable driving position. It as if the seat sinks in at the middle back area. I've tried all settings and the only one bearable is to use a pillow and have it laid right back although this makes the seat behind unusable. Anyone else have this problem and how did u solve it?

My back is getting worse. Not sure it's the lack of seat support or the constant jittering of the chassis. I can't be the only one to be suffering this?

Seat comfort can be quite a personal thing.

For example with our last second car (a Hyundai i20), some have complained about the seat comfort. However, we haven't had an issue with the seat comfort, and my one sister/brother-in-law who has the same year and model and who have taken their i20 over to Germany and Austria for holidays, find seat comfort perfectly OK.

Seats are defo better than the mk1 model, but its all personal preference. Expensive option is to buy some non toyota seats.

my seats in my mk1 were horrendous so ripped them out and fitted a set of expensive cobra bucket seats in, solved the problem :)

They need to be firmer and flatter across the back as they sink in too much. I currently use a back rest mesh which seems to have improved things a lot. New seats would be good, any places in Essex do this?

• 3 weeks later...

My back hasn't got any better. Is it a known issue for the seat support to break as maybe the seats themselves are wrong? It was ok for the first three weeks but it's now ruining my driving as I try and avoid using the Aygo. I'm 5ft 10 and 12 stone so hardy too big for the car. The only seats available are bucket seats which would be even worse. Anyone else with an idea as I would sell it but don't want to lose loads of money.

Dont discount 'bucket' seats, or indeed any aftermarket seat. Try sitting in a stock Fiesta/Focus ST and you would be impressed. The real problem is the cost. My Sparco R333's cost me around £500 to get in the Aygo (diy and with home made bracketry) but what price comfort...?

I am not aware of any known failures with the stock Aygo seats. Plenty of people saying they are uncomfortable though..

Plenty of people saying they are uncomfortable though..

..... then again, plenty of owners are OK with the seats.

With our 2012 Hyundai i20, some people said the front seats were uncomfortable. We had our i20 for over 3 years, and didn't have any issues.

Car seats are designed to suit a majority of people, and unfortunately some car seats won't suit everyone.

Worth £500 as it's still cheaper than buying a new car. It's finding a place that would do the work.

<.... then again, plenty of owners are OK with the seats.>

??? The issue is that the OP has a problem with the seats. Whether anyone else doesn't is irrelevant surely?

I found the stock Aygo seats utter tripe. The worst I have experienced on any vehicle since around 1980. And I've sat in\driven an awful lot of cars. I appreciate thats only my opinion but the OP was asking if anybody had also had problems.

Martin, any decent tuning company should be able to fit aftermarket seats. Depending on the model it may come to more than £500 though. Whereabouts are you? I might be able to point you in the direction of somewhere who at least might have some stock for you to try out. Theres lots of makes but Sparco, OMP, Cobra and of course Recaro are the popular types. Sportseats4u.co.uk have quite a range if you want to get an idea of what the styles are like and get a feel for price. The sky is the limit of course!

<.... then again, plenty of owners are OK with the seats.>

??? The issue is that the OP has a problem with the seats. Whether anyone else doesn't is irrelevant surely?

As I have said the majority of people don't have issues with the seats - otherwise there would have been scores of threads on the forum complaining about the seats, rather than the few we have.

We've owned 18 cars from new plus I've driven numerous Government pool cars of varying makes and sizes, and not had an issue with the seats in any of them. I've also had one of the new generation Aygo's as a courtesy car over six days. have done journeys in it of up to 50 miles each way, and not had an issue with the seats.

You said that "Plenty of people saying they are uncomfortable though" - the OP has a new generation Aygo rather than the first generation, which you have, so comparisons between the two may not be particularly valid.

Nope, the relevance of people *not* having problems is lost on me with regard to the topic in hand so I am clearly missing something and not wishing to dispute anything with anyone on the board, least of all a moderator, I will bow out at this point. I hope Martin just gets his pains sorted.

I'm based in North Essex. Any tuning companies you have would be great. Love to be able to try them before I buy. Price not an issue.

Martin, having thought about it I think the best option for you (given the seats have to be right first time) is to take a day out and go to GSM (about 4 hrs both ways?) as the likelyhood of them having a good few models in stock is pretty high. You also need to call them in advance to book an appt but I think that overall this would be the best way of getting it sorted rather than trawling the uk trying what is likely to be a few seats here and there. I have no connection with GSM and have never been there myself but they came up a lot when I was looking around.

Martin,

If you were happy with Mk1 seats, why not visit local breakers yard and see if could pick up a pair. Should be a lot cheaper than £500, and you'd be getting seats you know you were happy with, and hopefully slot straight in.

Have you tried sitting in passenger seat of your new car, is that seat similar? If not, it could be that there is a fault with the drivers seat.

Personally, although I find the seat different from my Mk1, I don't seem to be suffering as you are, and I'm a lot heavier than you!

Mike

got o a seat trimmers and see if they can fit better foams in the seat for you

The Mk 1 wasn't great but better than this one. It's an option.

I've tried Aygos at the dealers but they were the same. Way too soft compared to the Yaris I also tried.

Tempted by the seat trimmers, do you know anyone in Essex or what to search for?

here are a couple i have found for you

B J's Car Trimmers

No reviews · Vehicle Upholsterer

01245 400122

Trim 'N' Stitch

No reviews · Vehicle Upholsterer

07879 630486

I tried the seat companies. One can add a skim of foam but that's all they can do. Just seems no matter where I have the seat or what cushions I use I still get back or neck ache. I think it's the fixed head rest that is tilted too far forward compared to other cars. Otherwise I'm at a loss of what to do. It's too uncomfortable to keep but been offered £2.5k less that I paid for it two months ago to sell.

Anyone else have other ideas?

we lost £5250 after 6 months on a brand new 14plate aygo paid £11250 and sold for £6000 ,toyota where we bought it from offered us even less.

have a test drive of a lexus ct i used to have one they are pretty comfy even better if you can get one with power seats as they have more adjustments

on them .