Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav Not Installed

Sid300

Hi :- I bought a Yaris and on pressing the Sat Nav button it says not installed. I will need some software. What is the minimum requirement and what do I need specifically and how do I do it.What is the best way.

Sid

First of all there is no official 'Elite' trim level. Pre the 2014 facelift, trim levels were Active, Icon, Icon Plus and Trend, and post facelift, trim levels were Active, Icon, Sport and Excel.

Presumably you haven't got the Toyota Touch and Go system, so you would need to buy the Go sat nav upgrade to add to your existing system - look at post 23 of the following: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/163833-navigation-system-not-activated/page-3?hl=%20upgrade%20%20touch

Hi :- I bought a Yaris and on pressing the Sat Nav button it says not installed. I will need some software. What is the minimum requirement and what do I need specifically and how do I do it.What is the best way.

Sid

Hi Sid

Did u buy the car with the acknowledgement that the car came with Satnav?

I nearly bought a Yaris with SatNav!

Then found out the SatNav button was there as default - but does not mean there is SatNav!

Good job I asked the seller beforehand! :eek:

Thank you Wayne. No I didn't but it's only software, you've taught me that the button is there by default. I'll see if I can sort a disc out.

Sid.

Moved to the Yaris club.

Thank you Wayne. No I didn't but it's only software, you've taught me that the button is there by default. I'll see if I can sort a disc out.

Sid.

No worries, Bud :)

Think Frosty taught me the same thing too! :thumbsup:

Or could have been someone else on here :)

PS:

If the button is there by default (and no satnav) - would it still have all the gubbins? :help:

Such as GPS antenna and somewhere to access the maps etc? :help2: :help2:

Sid.

No worries, Bud :)

Think Frosty taught me the same thing too! :thumbsup:

Or could have been someone else on here :)

PS:

If the button is there by default (and no satnav) - would it still have all the gubbins? :help:

Such as GPS antenna and somewhere to access the maps etc? :help2: :help2:

Sid.

I'm afraid it is not "only software" the Touch head units are designed to allow sat nav to be added after delivery otherwise you would have to buy another nav capable headunit adding to the costs massively.

To add nav you need to purchase the Go nav unit,GPS antenna and depending on the type of Touch unit brackets to fitthe nav unit, the unit type required depends on what Touch unit you have:

Earlier Touch headunit with CD player requires:

http://www.toyota-te...M_002_218_2.pdf

Later Touch 2 headunit without CD player requires:

http://www.toyota-te...M_003_207_2.pdf

• Like 1

I gather it's not installed and I need a head unit. So much for Toyota. They are like Microsoft with windows 10. What is the point of putting somethink on the car that is not functional. The money men are taking over.

Sid

I gather it's not installed and I need a head unit. So much for Toyota. They are like Microsoft with windows 10. What is the point of putting somethink on the car that is not functional. The money men are taking over.

Sid

The point of having a button that is non-functional until the required add-on unit is fitted, is that it saves having to have a more complex piece of hardware fitted or a completely new head unit installed should the owner decide they want the additional function.

It isn't only Toyota who does this. For example the 2007 Mazda 2 we had as a second car (built by Ford in the Fiesta plant in Spain) had a 'media' button on the standard head unit that was non-functional unless the optional mini disc player was fitted.

It is a way to make upgrades to the equipment simpler.

Much in the same way most computer manufacturers have empty memory slots in laptops and desktops which are non-functional until the owner decides to add additional memory.

Sid

Not at all, most manufactures do the same. Its money saving at the end of the day, explained above.

Sid

Not at all, most manufactures do the same. Its money saving at the end of the day, explained above.

Thinking about it - true that!

The number if times I driven a car with phone-button on the steering wheel that is not connected...

I think one obvious item is the speedo....how many small hatchbacks has a speedo with 140mph on it - lol

• 3 years later...
On 10/9/2015 at 4:01 PM, Sid300 said:

Sid

Just fitted one to day took all of 10 minutes it all comes on ok but it won’t upgrade or do any New destinations 

2D1E5BDC-24DF-4C21-A644-C4704183E08F.jpeg

690239A0-9B0F-4442-9D0A-AA4B145CCA15.jpeg

10B34FC6-63CC-4030-B237-2641D052B650.jpeg

See HERE you need to get those plugs in the correct place

• 1 year later...

I was a disappointed that my Yaris Excel didn't have Sat Nav installed. The infotainment system allows you to pair with Android Auto or Apple car play. It's just a bit data heavy 

• 1 year later...

I have a new Yaris Cross Excel to but can't get the voice recognition to work, can anyone help?

10 hours ago, Ewok said:

I have a new Yaris Cross Excel to but can't get the voice recognition to work, can anyone help?

What head unit do you have:

Touch 2 with go, two rotary knobs on screen

Toyota Smart connect, no rotary knobs?

• 2 months later...
On 8/22/2019 at 4:36 PM, raysis2 said:

Just fitted one to day took all of 10 minutes it all comes on ok but it won’t upgrade or do any New destinations 

2D1E5BDC-24DF-4C21-A644-C4704183E08F.jpeg

690239A0-9B0F-4442-9D0A-AA4B145CCA15.jpeg

10B34FC6-63CC-4030-B237-2641D052B650.jpeg

What did you buy and how did you fit it please? I need help!!!!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links