Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sr180 08reg Check Vsc, 4 X 4 & Abs Warning On Dash

Hardtailhero

Help please??

The car has been 100 mile trip from Glasgow (all motorway and A roads - drove by the Mrs on her own), parked up for 40 mins, then swiftly off for a pub tea. En route I drove and felt a 1 second judder twice in 5 min journey, assumed this to be abs and found it strange as was light breaking only.

On way home (mrs was driving); the check VSC, ABS & 4 x 4 warnings illuminated on the dash.

Any ideas or thoughts welcome.

• 4 weeks later...

I had this happen on our 58 reg Auris SR180 and it was actually a coked up egr valve and the associated pipes were clogged too.

I'd check that out.

Cleaned them out last year, was informed it was the abs console (from the plug in comp) and would cost circa £1500 to fix after I stood back up, the mechanic called Mr T and they said it was unlikely to be that and start with a new abs sensor, worked a treat for 1/10th of the cost. Was interesting to see how much the vehicle would drift and wheel spin if all the computer stuff switched off!!