Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Low Rolling Resistance All Season Tyres

zetor

I was wondering if LRR all season tyres are available for the Hybrid Auris, has anyone tried or know if they are available?

Lrr?

Low Rolling Resistance I believe - helps better MPG apparently.

• Like 1

I have them in summer and winter tyres but wanted to explore the option of all season tyres but still wanted the recommneded LRR tyres.

Lrr?

Is LRR more important than say quality all season tyre s performance?

I got Michelin CrossClimate all seasons on my Auris - good low resistance and good wear and very good all weather - based on online reviews / spec :thumbsup:

• Like 2

The EU tyre labelling system should help you find all season tyres which rate well for fuel efficiency (ie low rolling resistance) - see http://www.blackcircles.com/general/tyre-labelling/tyre-label

The Primacy HP RP GRNX (215/45/R17) tyres fitted to some Auris hybrids as OE weren't specifically LRR tyres.

• Like 1

Lrr?

I got Michelin CrossClimate all seasons on my Auris - good low resistance and good wear and very good all weather - based on online reviews / spec :thumbsup:

What size are your Michelin CrossClimate tyres? My Auris Hybrid came with Michelin Primacy HP 215/45 17 85W and it seems there is'nt a CrossClimate for this size, I do also have my winter tyres on some 195/65 R15 wheels but I was hoping to put all season tyres on the original wheels that came with the car, also it seems the Goodyear Vector 4 are'nt available for me wheels either.

I`m not sure if these tick the box`s for you.... http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s15p111647/Uniroyal_Tyres_Car_Uniroyal_RainSport3_Uniroyal_Rain_Sport_3_-_215_45_R17_91Y_XL_FR_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_C_Wet_Grip%3A_A_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_72dB

But on other car forums these are very highly rated as a wet weather tyre, and the higher load rated type has a low rolling resistance...Good price too.

Or if you really must have all season/semi snow tyres http://www.camskill.co.uk/m140b0s8017p131869/Uniroyal_Tyres_All_Season_Car_Uniroyal_AllSeason_Expert_Uniroyal_All_Season_Expert_-_225_45_R17_94V_XL_FR_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_E_Wet_Grip%3A_C_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_72dB

But I see the cost is higher and will use more fuel and increase road noise.

Lrr?

What size are your Michelin CrossClimate tyres? My Auris Hybrid came with Michelin Primacy HP 215/45 17 85W and it seems there is'nt a CrossClimate for this size, I do also have my winter tyres on some 195/65 R15 wheels but I was hoping to put all season tyres on the original wheels that came with the car, also it seems the Goodyear Vector 4 are'nt available for me wheels either.

Until Michelin releases more sizes, for now there are no EXACT tyre size for the 17" Auris.

So with the help of this forum - I opted for 225/45 R17 XL :)

U can also try looking up Nokian WeatherProof all season - which was my 2nd choice ..

I`m not sure if these tick the box`s for you.... http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s15p111647/Uniroyal_Tyres_Car_Uniroyal_RainSport3_Uniroyal_Rain_Sport_3_-_215_45_R17_91Y_XL_FR_TL_Fuel_Eff_:_C_Wet_Grip:_A_NoiseClass:_2_Noise:_72dB

But on other car forums these are very highly rated as a wet weather tyre, and the higher load rated type has a low rolling resistance...Good price too.

Uniroyal RS3 is awesome according to many online - as they are excellent WET tyres and therefore also good at dissipating snow quickly hence better than a lot of pure summer tyres (I read)....but they wear very quickly apparently so I then considered the all season tyres as the latest all season tyres are very good (Cross climate + weatherproof) :)

• Like 1

Uniroyal RS3 is awesome according to many online

In what size?

Please don't forget that tyre reviews are only relevant for the tyre size tested, two identical tyres in two different sizes can perform completely differently.

• Like 1

Uniroyal RS3 is awesome according to many online

In what size?Please don't forget that tyre reviews are only relevant for the tyre size tested, two identical tyres in two different sizes can perform completely differently.

17"

U are correct in your statement!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links