Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T27 Rear Pads And Disc Replacement....

ooglewoogle

I have found a few past threads on this, but write again for clarification. Thinking of having a go at this soon, but a bit hesitant in case I make an **** of it!

Am I right in thinking that the Autel/Foxwell electronic devices often quoted as being necessary, simply function to "auto-rewind" the calipers....a job that can in fact be done with a manual rewind tool?

Anyone else doing this soon that could be persuaded or bribed to take a few pics or short video? :)

Also, anyone using Delphi pads/discs on their T27? Any thoughts?

Many thanks.

I researched the information on the EPB earlier, and this should confirm what you may have read already.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/166003-avensis-rear-brake-pad-replacement/

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/MA/markthebooler/2013-05-19_181925_electric_parking_brake_epb.pdf

The wind back tool kit for both sides will be useful. I searched for Toyota tool 09960-100100, but the closes match is 09960-10010 which is a Variable pin spanner/wrench. Just go for the reversible kits that can be as cheap as £15 on eBay and Amazon.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just bought the Foxwell NT415 and right now it won't work properly. Also flattened the Battery while trying so now have 'check parking brake' on dash and EPB only works in manual mode. TBF supplier responded immediately and are looking into for me. Got new Blue Print discs and pads but not sure if I can fit without the Foxwell gadget to fully open the calipers. Really don't want to go Toyota as could end up £1000+ Not sure if I will ever buy another Toyota after this I admit I am angry and bitter about the whole EPB fiasco.

Supplying & fitting new rear discs & pads would have been £220 at Toyota under their fixed price repair scheme.

Did your car already have the "check parking brake" warning on beforehand or only after your attempts?

My EPB is currently ok, so not seeking any advice.

But I am mystified at the mention of £1000+ compared with the figure of £220 given by Scott.

Is the £1000+ figure a genuine quote by Toyota or a pessimistic guess?

I imagine that he is quoting the price of supplying a fitting a replacement EPB actuator.

my actuator noisy but works. T might try to force new one on me. I knew this day would come have tried to use park brake as little as possible. If was normal handbrake £80 plus I would do it< 1hour. Got to get rid of this car.

a dealer can't force a new one on you.

the manufacturers are all going the same way - VW Group, Opel/Vauxhall, Peugeot/Citroen, Ford, recently Mazda ...

if they made it easier to service and cheaper to replace I'd be OK with it. Oh....and don't put it under the car where it get soaked eh?

So you want new discs and pads fitted, take the cheaper option (fair enough) DIY, use some unknown tool that hashes it up and now it's Toyota's fault? How does that work then?

"....and don't put it under the car where it get soaked eh?"

they all seem to put it there so I assume that there is a good reason.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links