Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Two Weeks With My Auris Hybrid Touring Sports (2013 Model)

SeventhLevel

Hi guys,

Still new here and working my way through various threads and taking in everything.

It's been two weeks since I picked up my Auris Hybrid Touring Sports (2013 model) and I thought I'd share a few thoughts in case someone stumbles upon this and is thinking of buying one.

So far I've been very pleased. I came from an 05' plate Seat Ibiza so the increase in space is great - my greyhound now fits in the boot whereas in the Ibiza she was on the back seat getting hairs all over the cloth!

The interior was one thing I was a little concerned about when doing my research since the vast majority of online or magazine reviews believe it looks cheap and feels hard. I can't agree with that at all. I love the light blue strips at either end of the dash (even if they do seem tricky to clean smudges and marks off) and the centre console is well laid-out and easy to use. Yeah, some of the plastics are a little hard but I don't spend my time pressing random parts of the dash while I drive around, and overall everything feels very, very well screwed together.

In terms of ride it's nice and smooth and comfortable compared to my old Ibiza and it's a very relaxing drive. I've never been heavy with my foot, but if you're looking for a car that you want to rev hard and quickly accelerate in this won't be it - gentle, smooth driving is the way to go and it's rewarded. I'm averaging around 56mpg from my first 200 miles, which was mainly from 30mph roads. I'm pleased with that and hopefully I'll get more out of it once everything is bedded in.

The sound system is excellent and this was one of the main things I was looking for when buying. I listen to music over bluetooth every time I drive and Spotify streaming is well-balanced and crisp when streaming in 'extreme quality' from the app.

I didn't opt for the sat nav and haven't regretted it. I'm sure some love it but I rarely need one and when I do Waze or Google Maps is fine.

So, all in all I feel like I made the right decision. My Dad, prior to the VW scandal, bought an Audi that's affected by it and now thinks hybrid was a sensible choice. For my driving, which is mainly small roads and little motorway driving, it suits perfectly.

• Like 1

Nice one, bud - keep us posted!

I just bought a 3 years old 2012 Auris Hybrid myself (old shape) :)

• Like 2

Bit of a learning curve for me!

As not used to driving so civilised - lol

First hybrid too!

Testing all sorts of driving to find best compromise for driving pleasure vs economy now!

First Hybrid or Toyota for u too?

Yeah, first hybrid and first Toyota and only my second car (technically third if you count the old Micra I shared with my mum when I passed my test).

Agree about getting used to a new driving style, I do find myself being much more aware of how I'm driving. I get my kicks in the Auris by pulling up next to some chavs at the lights, popping into power mode and watching them disappear when I put my foot to the floor. Other than that I keep it sensible and mellow, find I get a lot less road rage too!

Does yours have the blue dash or leather dash? If it has the blue have you also noticed dark smudges and marks appearing easily? Asked the garage to clean them when they handed the car over and they haven't been able to get rid of them with whatever they were using...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your post SeventhLevel, I'm seriously considering a pre-facelift Auris hybrid (possibly TS) so lapping up all the feedback I can get. Had a go in one yesterday, and my overall impression was that it was such a relaxing drive. Yes it made a racket when I floored it, but at best that's good fun, and at worst it reminds you to ease off. Maybe it could be annoying on a long ascent where you've no choice, but I don't think those odd occasions would put me off buying one. I just hope it would cope OK with the car loaded up, as the car never has a full load on a test drive. And I'm thinking about the TS, as the hatch boot space looks a bit limited.

Now it's down to cold hard economics though, and whether I can get one for a good price. I feel like a hybrid TS is the way to go, but that's not one but two premiums over a bog standard petrol Auris hatchback, and I don't do that many miles, so remains to be seen whether I can justify it... :g:

, I do find myself being much more aware of how I'm driving. I get my kicks in the Auris by pulling up next to some chavs at the lights, popping into power mode and watching them disappear when I put my foot to the floor. Other than that I keep it sensible and mellow, find I get a lot less road rage too!

Does yours have the blue dash or leather dash? If it has the blue have you also noticed dark smudges and marks appearing easily? Asked the garage to clean them when they handed the car over and they haven't been able to get rid of them with whatever they were using...

:lol::lol::lol:

I did the same on the bypass and put my foot down and saw this fiesta pulled away :driving:

Leather? U mean orange-like colour?

I thought all Hybrids had the BLUE ligths

Cool tip - will ask Toyota next time :thumbsup:

Thanks for your post SeventhLevel, I'm seriously considering a pre-facelift Auris hybrid (possibly TS) so lapping up all the feedback I can get. Had a go in one yesterday, and my overall impression was that it was such a relaxing drive. Yes it made a racket when I floored it, but at best that's good fun, and at worst it reminds you to ease off. Maybe it could be annoying on a long ascent where you've no choice, but I don't think those odd occasions would put me off buying one. I just hope it would cope OK with the car loaded up, as the car never has a full load on a test drive. And I'm thinking about the TS, as the hatch boot space looks a bit limited.

Now it's down to cold hard economics though, and whether I can get one for a good price. I feel like a hybrid TS is the way to go, but that's not one but two premiums over a bog standard petrol Auris hatchback, and I don't do that many miles, so remains to be seen whether I can justify it... :g:

As long as u can wait - then dependent on your budget u will find a good one for the price.

I was determined to get a T-Spirit - WOW, how hard that was - but lucky enough one came along and was right near my budget too :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::yahoo:

• 10 months later...
On 15/10/2015 at 2:57 PM, Wayne2015 said:

Nice one, bud - keep us posted!

I just bought a 3 years old 2012 Auris Hybrid myself (old shape) :)

I am considering Toyota Auris Touring Sports Hybrid too. I am looking at 2012-2013 so my question to you guys is what shape to choose? Which one is better the older one 2012 or newer from 2013? What they changed in them?

Thank You!

There was no estate (Touring Sports) version of the first generation Auris (2007 to 2012) and the Touring Sports was introduced a bit later than the second generation hatchback, which dates from December 2012. So if one is definitely looking for the Touring Sports, your only option will be the those from 2013.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fostel said:

I am considering Toyota Auris Touring Sports Hybrid too. I am looking at 2012-2013 so my question to you guys is what shape to choose? Which one is better the older one 2012 or newer from 2013? What they changed in them?

Thank You!

Have you had a test drive yet?

Can't imagine more than a couple of tweaks between the new one and the old.

• Like 1

On 25/10/2015 at 11:47 AM, Wayne2015 said:

:lol::lol::lol:

I did the same on the bypass and put my foot down and saw this fiesta pulled away :driving:

Leather? U mean orange-like colour?

I thought all Hybrids had the BLUE ligths

Cool tip - will ask Toyota next time :thumbsup:

Mine must be faulty then, it goes as quick as my old verso :biggrin:

Still don't use the power button, must be my heavy shoes

The major change to the Touring Sports is the 2015 facelift, which being that much newer is going to be more expensive than a 2013 ... probably whatever its miles. 

That said, I believe there may have been minor variations in the spec of the different trim levels and what options may have been available at different times. If there are any specific toys you want, just be sure to check they are there!   

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links