Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq Average Mpg Gauge

DebbieP

Am I able to reset the average mpg gauge? I can't seem to find anything in the handbook. Also how is the average mpg calculated? It seems to be based across the remaining fuel in the tank. Confused!

Moved to the Toyota IQ club

Hi Debbie, the Avg MPG resets itself when you fill the tank up. If i remember correctly you have to put at least 10 liters in for it to reset any less and it won't take it as a tank fill up, which for me isn't a problem as I always end up putting at least 30 liters in :o

Welcome to the forum by the way, is yours the manual or auto box?

Hi Mark, many thanks I thought I was missing a trick! I have only had the car for a week and the dealer very kindly filled it up when I picked it up. I have a IQ3 1.3 manual. My previous car was a 1.8 Yaris so a bit of a change but so far so good!

The IQ certainly is fun to drive and I'm hoping it will serve me as well as my previous car.

Thanks again

You might feel you are missing out a bit on performance going from the 1.8 Yaris, but the 1.3 does like being rev'd and comes to life above 3000 rpm, so don't be afraid to rev it in the gears. I think the manual gear box on the 1.3 is sweet. I'm sure you'll end up loving your iQ as much as your Yaris :)

Talking of mpg - albeit I have the humble 1 litre manual version iQ - how to get the dashboard computer thingy to 'appear'? Nothing shows up on my beast.. Also, what percentage error should one allow for because of course such readings are not accurate.

Tohta, is yours the auto box? If so I think (somebody correct me if i'm wrong) yours will have the Eco gauge that that shows how economically you are driving with a bar gauge. Like the one shown here http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/2012-scion-iq-gauge-cluster.jpg&imgrefurl=http://100hotcars.info/?cat%3D3149&h=280&w=585&tbnid=bJ-ebRsaNwXf7M:&docid=Mp4iuD-8AVYvzM&ei=ETopVozfAcOsU7zsvpAJ&tbm=isch&ved=0CEQQMygaMBpqFQoTCMyrmZLp1sgCFUPWFAodPLYPkg

I find the MPG read out on my car pretty good when compared to Fuelly.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links