Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Climate Control / Air Con / Fan / Temperature Light

AidZ1488

Not sure which unit of the car this affects specifically, but if you see the attachment, the right hand side of the climate control section is not lit when I turn the lights on. Obviously a blown bulb. I've done some searching (really!) and I understand that I need to take the console out, which I am happy to do by following guides I've found, but I don't know if I should do this. I can't find a specific answer to the following questions, but if you could help me or even just point me in the right direction I would be grateful:

1. Can I replace these light bulbs myself, or are these the soldered ones? (If soldered, I can't do anything about this so that's the end of that)
  2. If I can replace these bulbs, which type are they!? I've found multiple conflicting answers in multiple places.

Thank you.

post-150239-0-11926100-1445095318_thumb.

• 1 year later...

Did you ever solve this problem?  Mine does the exact same thing, but it is not a blown bulb(s)... I know this because i bought an entire replacement Climate Control Console, fitted it and the same lights are out! Just like in your photo! Ive read in places online that two white wires need to be tapped together but im not sure about this.

Hey! Yes I fixed it in the end, I resorted to going to a Toyota dealership and bought a bulb from them (can't remember the cost, it was around £10-£20 though... bit of a pisstake, but then again, I wanted it fixed).

Anyway, the bulb didn't quite fit so I used pliers to tweak the wire and inserted it correctly in the end. Hey presto, it's worked fine ever since. So I didn't have to tweak any cables or replace the console at all. It sounds like your problem is deeper than just a bulb, but I'm sorry, I wouldn't have any idea where to begin with wires and cables.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links