Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

To Buy Or Not To Buy... Uk Vs Import

stgeorge

What do you all think, does the extra grunt of the Rev 3 make much difference in reallity?

Iv'e never driven a rev III NA so in real terms I can't comment on weather the differences are noticeable but here are some differences for the record (I cut and past from one of my old posts)

2nd gen JDM 3SGE ~ 160hp

3rd gen JDM 3SGE ~ 175hp

4th gen JDM 3SGE ~ 200hp, 21.0kg-m of torque. (beams.....MR2 has the red head, Altezza the black head) There was only ever 1000 MR2 beams motors made.

The 3rd gen 3sge, consisted of different

cams, larger valves, a variable length intake manifold with a step effect were the manifold meets the head, in order to enhance the swirl characteristics of the intake charge.The headers were of larger diameter but shorter length, to aid top end power.

Power was up about 12kw at 129kw(173hp)@7000rpm

(previously 117kw(157hp)@6500rpm).The difference on the road wasn't that noticeable over the previous gen 3sge till at least 5200rpm were the acoustic control system did its jig and openened the second intake track to take advantage of the new engine's mods.In late '95 the compression was lowered back to 10:1 in order to meet the new emission standards and as a result the power came back to 125kw(167hp)@7000rpm .

Cheers

KiwiMR2

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stgeorge

• TheNissanMan

• DeusMR2

• Bibbs

Top Posters In This Topic

For a guide, I'm 26, with 1y NCB, no accidents or convictions driving 9 years, renewal quote on MR2 GT Turbo Coupe £734.00 - which isn't bad at all.

damn right it isnt bad, im 31 with 9 years no claims and im paying the same!!

who u insured with?

i think dorset might be getting a phone call :angry:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links