Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

To Buy Or Not To Buy... Uk Vs Import

stgeorge

rhaines - link didnt work :( is it the G-Ltd that talks about Ferrari looks and fiesta money? I am filtering autotrader on age at the moment for 10 years or younger so I only get Rev 2 and newer so missed that one. Looks like good value - wonder what nick it is in and what the history is like? Might drop the guy a mail...... watch this space!

Bibbs - will have a read and try not to repost ;)

Jez_1_2000, definately interested in a minter and will travel!!

Cheers Ed

he's 3 mile away from me, i'm off today will try call him and have a look for ya will drop a msg on here later and let you know...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stgeorge

• TheNissanMan

• DeusMR2

• Bibbs

Top Posters In This Topic

HP - thanks for that, yours sounds like exactly what I am looking for, I assume for that price it was private? If you dont mind me asking what did the seller initially want for it?

Hi m8,

Yes it was private. The chap wanted 4.8k for it originally, but he wanted to get rid quickly since he'd just bought a flash lexus.

regards,

HP

it would be 158bhp since its a rev2 mate. but this could be lower if tit hasnt been maintained well, best bet is to get rhaines to drive it and hed be able to "feel" the quality of the car all around.

What do you all think, does the extra grunt of the Rev 3 make much difference in reallity?

in actual fact the rev 3 NA's are slower than the rev2's due to the different gearing, extra safety bars etc!. As far as overall performance goes though its hard to notice the difference.

So I guess a Rev3 might not be worth a large premium over a Rev2? Guess I could have been restricting my search!

ZeroBlade - I am moving from a Golf GTi, did spend a while looking for a VR6 Highline but mainly high-milers in need of TLC so I started looking elsewhere. Basically I wanted something more fun that a family hatch and the 2 colleagues at work with Celica's persuaded me to go Japanese!!!!!

I am looking forward to some RWD fun but I think that it would be a bit OTT to go from a moderately quick FWD car to a beast of a Turbo - hence the middle ground of the NA. Perhaps my NA (if / when I get one!) will be replaced by a Turbo somewhere down the line!!!

Cheers

The NA is still a quick car, ok not turbo quick but great fun to drive and there's a lot you can do to individualise the car aswell.

As said the Rev 1 & 2 had different gearing and better torque than the rev 3 and is quicker with the rev 2 having the bigger brakes and different suspension setup so linking that with good tyres will give you a car that is a lot more fun to drive and much better handling.

i would defo go with the t-bar the difference in the body strength isnt that much difference but being able to take the roof off wil always guarentee a smile and help tan in the summer :)

have left amessage for the guy around the corner will try call again later if he hasnt got back to me, when are you looking to buy or do you have the cash waiting for the right car...

that sounds cool m8. And ur taking the right route there ;)

take heed of Deus's sig mind, some very wise words there,

Tho with it being summer season u should be ok :)

Saying that tho, the car isnt THAT hard to handle, just a rush the first time u spin out when taking a corner at high speeds...

Once u get used to it theres nowt better that a MR car :D

-Z

The Rev1/2's aren't put together as well as the Rev3's though .. On all the cars I've seen the rev3+'s just seem "tighter" ..

when are you looking to buy or do you have the cash waiting for the right car...

Would have the cash next day, if not same day depending on time ;) as you can tell, very keen when I find the right one!

just had a chat with a blokey about a red '93 t-bar import with 70k on the clock, longlife stainless exhaust with twin 3" pipes, new clutch, taxed until next month (he will pay for 12 month mot), ireland plate on it which will stay with car so hides age well (would be a k plate).

asking price is 3.5k although negotiable, there is no head unit in the car as its broken although you can have the broken head unit if you want. Currently the front spoiler is a bit chipped but will be sorted before sale....

it's by roath park so if your interested let me know and i/we can go have a look at it and take it for a drive....

have his number and he lives 15 mins from me lol :)

I've pm'ed you my number.

My import would appear to have an LSD...

Apparently, a friend of a friends has a UK n/a and says it can't do donuts...

That's just poor.

rev 1 & 2 N/A jap or UK no LSD all REV3 ons LSD so its probably more of an age of car thing oppose import or not.

I have a confused MR2... lol

1990 which doesn't look like a 1990 and also has LSD amongst other things. Poor car... doesn't know what it is... lol.

lol poor things having an identity crisis! least its got 500 or so miles of gentle driving until you kick the crap out of it! :ph34r: hehe

rhaines - thanks for coming to look at that Mr2 last night - shame it was *******!! oh well will keep looking!

there's atr least 2 in the for sale section of this club that look like minters in your price range....

Still think rash is probably your best bet, he got fizz this rev 3 tubby for just under £4000 43CD0052.jpg

:thumbsup:

Jez - I agree - email sent this morning and I am keen to hear from him :D

Been laughed at by a couple of ins companies 2day re imports but will keep looking!!

BTW - image link is broken from where i am?

I got laughed at by iunsurance companys also when I first tried to insure my tubby. I think I'll get laughed at again when the renewal is due.. lol.

Rash seems like a good bet for decent cars mate. When the time comes for my Supra I'll be going to him.

( Or Rash... just give me one for my MR2 ! )

Thought I had ins companies onside when I reinsured my MKII Golf GTi for £280!! Oh well such is life!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links