Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Questions About Our New Auris Hybrid Ts

Rouleur

I've been reading this forum for the last week or so and learnt a lot, it's a great resource.

Hopefully between now and Friday my wife will be picking up a used approved 2014 Auris Touring Sports Hybrid Excel with about 13,000 miles on the clock from our local Toyota dealership. Then on Saturday we'll be sharing the driving over a 300+ mile trip to catch a ferry to Belfast to visit the in laws. Neither of us have driven a hybrid before (apart from my wife's test drive), I've never driven an automatic and my wife's only driven one very occasionally (the odd courtesy car).

First question - when we board the ferry there are always signs saying to park the car in gear. What's the equivalent on an automatic? Is it just a case of leaving it in Park and pulling the handbrake on?

You are correct in that you use the Park system and apply the hand brake or foot pedal brake.

I am not ofay with the Auris, but I imagine it is very similar to my Prius.

there are always signs saying to park the car in gear. What's the equivalent on an automatic? Is it just a case of leaving it in Park and pulling the handbrake on?

Yes.

Do you still have to lock with the key so the alarm doesn't arm and go off during the voyage?

Do you still have to lock with the key so the alarm doesn't arm and go off during the voyage?

Now this is an excellent question. Having said that, every single time I've been on the ferry, when I've returned to the car deck as we've arrived in port there have been several car alarms going off, so frankly what difference is an extra one going to make?

On the gen3 prius there is a "theft sensor on/off" button which does just this.

Does the Auris have one?

A flat battery...

In 3 hours?
Toyota Hybrids have a small 12V Battery compared to non-hybrids.

Doesn't take much to flatten them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links