Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Mr2 Value!?

Glow87

Hi All.

I'm Gav from Telford :) I have just bought my first MR2 (2 actually).

The first (and main) one i bought is this one:

4FDBC766-95F8-4336-8F2E-8528B0E5A43E_zps

54BF78B8-C9D6-4E40-BB03-B378CA63EBE2_zps

73E5B13B-9F6B-4AFE-8E73-C2C6D6578050_zps

I believe this to be a Rev 5 car but really don't know alot about MR2's

The drivers door has some rust at the bottom and both of the rear sills need welding.

What i want to know is what this car is worth as it stands, to help me identify if its worth me saving it or just finding another.

It does have 170k on the clock but i think this might be KM? It's a N/A Model.

What have i got here?

Think the number plates are what is termed 'show plates' and not legal for on-road use.

Number plates should have the following characteristics:

The British Standard for number plates The British Standard sets out the characteristics of the number plate. This includes visibility, strength and reflectivity. To meet the British Standard, each number plate must be permanently and legibly marked with the following information. 1. The British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d). 2. The name, trademark or other way of identifying the manufacturer or supplier. 3. The name and postcode of the supplying outlet

I am aware of the plates :)

Replacements already ordered. Question still stands on the rest of its value :)

the saltire is legal for no. plates if that was what was being queried - mind you in deepest Shropshire it is understandable that he may not want 1 on his car (unless he is a Scot).

Also, on a car of that age the regulations pertaining to what may be shown on the no. plates is different. Depending upon when the plates were actually made there may have been no need to show the BS AU marking, manufacturer/supplier etc. .

The font alone on the plates is illegal, I've got replacements on the way.

Yes, I knew that you had replacements coming but again, if the plates were made pre-Sept 2001 (& the car is at least that old) afaik that font was legal.

There is no specific "book value" when you get to vehicles of this age / mileage, it is very much a finger in the air and see what you can get for it. Look at Autotrader and see what other similar models sell for. You could always try Parkers http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/prices/ but you might not come up with a price. No idea what you mean about an N/A model, where did that come from?

All UK ones were normally aspirated, only imports were turbo charged. If it was an import the log book should state so, it probably is a UK spec and the odometer in miles