Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tpms & Winter Tyres

greenfield8

Having recently purchased a spare set of wheels for my 2014 Auris with the aim of fitting winter tyres I now need to sort out the TPMS, it seems it is illegal and an MOT failure to run with the TPMS not working. Where is the best place to buy suitable sensors and is there any alternative to having a Toyota dealer re-code them as this will get painful twice a year when I swap the winter/summer wheels over. I can't be the first person to have these questions so apologies if I'm going over old ground.

Hey, Tom. I haven't answered as I haven't received'em yet... Darn Chinese cancelled my orders for the sensors and the programming pad with dumb excuses their QA department found them to be faulty. Truth was they were not happy with the final price as I won them on auctions. Anyway, I ordered from another supplier and the $ucker delayed my order as well. It's been over a week since I ordered and I was getting pretty mad, sent them an email, and just got a reply from them that they were out of stock but just received them and my order will be sent out tomorrow.

Hey, Tom. I haven't answered as I haven't received'em yet... Darn Chinese cancelled my orders for the sensors and the programming pad with dumb excuses their QA department found them to be faulty. Truth was they were not happy with the final price as I won them on auctions. Anyway, I ordered from another supplier and the $ucker delayed my order as well. It's been over a week since I ordered and I was getting pretty mad, sent them an email, and just got a reply from them that they were out of stock but just received them and my order will be sent out tomorrow.

OK Svetoslav, keep on their case.

Over the weekend I was trying to teach my wife how to check the tyres but she couldn't handle the pressure. :blow:

Must have been a bit deflating for you.

Must have been a bit deflating for you.

I can talk about it now but at the time I was ready to blow up

• 3 years later...

I write this to this thread, because title is quite perfect.

2014 Auris owner also here, TPMS system on the car has been pain in the ***. Once i paid 40€ to the dealer for teaching winter tires to the ECU and last summer time i watched TPMS light on the dash :(. Tried with couple MINI VCI cables and Techstream without luck.

Today i received Autel MaxiTPMS TS501 and was able to read sensor codes from the tires and teach those to the ECU via obd2 in like 10mins. But yeah, this tool is not so cheap(~200€). Luckily i have some friends what i can share this with.

Just heads up for someone dealing same TPMS "fun" with 2014, especially if someone goes and pays 2 x 40 € in year to teach new tires..