Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wobbly Wheel!

Daniel123

hello, i have recently bought a Corolla TSport and the front wheel makes a rattling noise when i am rolling along, it stops when i hit the break or go on the gas. The man who i bought it off of said he had recently changed his wheels over to his new car and they may need to be balanced or aligned. would this be the problem??

any help would be excellent!!

thankyou in advance!

Check wheel nuts and then wheel bearing...get it checked now as well as you don't want a wheel coming off when you are driving along! Would be very surprised if it's tracking but that needs checked as well.

i will get someone to have a look at it for me then, hopefully it is only something simple and cheap haha!

Does that rattle occur all the time when drivng over a smooth surface, at all speeds, or does it then to only happen when you go over some rough road surface ? If so it could be brake pad rattle which typically stops when you apply the brakes.

You said the previous owner swapped the wheels over, but are they really the correct size rim and tyre for your car ? could something be catching against the wheel ?

As KM said, its unlilely to be wheel balance or tracking causing a rattling.

As well as the wheel bearing it could be any of the front end bushes or bearing etc so you really need the whole lot checking out , partic with the car being new to you; how long is the mot ? ie if just done then likely most bushes and bearings should have been tested ok...

the previous owner swapped the original wheels back onto it before purchasing so they are the right wheels. the wobble/noise only happens up too around 30mph and on all road surfaces?? i will get a friend to look it all over but i would like a little knowledge on what it could be before hand!