Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2.0 D4D Remapping

Mike-AurisSR

Hi,

Remapping is now available for these denso ECU's!, After reading online that I couldn't get my engine remapped, I almost gave up & considered buying a tuning box. I found a tuning company that said they could remap my ECU, so I got my 2008 Auris 2.0 D4D remapped & I am very impressed with result. My car is now pushing 170 bhp & has 380nm of torque, almost as much as a 2.2 lump! :)

• Thanks 1

I was saying this the other day to people on here that the denso has been cracked very few places can do it at the moment though ... there has been some interest

Where has it been cracked? Where did you get the map?

Aidsy lots of companies work together to crack the ecus as its benficial with the different knowledge levels ... Mike did they have to remove your ecu for it or straight thru the obd

the main problem all of us seem to be facing is all the ecus aren't quite the same some of the microprocessors are stopping the firms getting in ... BMW are terrible for the same thing every so often we get one like it i think recently we got a 2007 bmw in and struggled to get in and yet can map latest ones ... but the denso is proving to be a problem child another tuning firm nearby have done 1 or 2 now but one was easy and one wasn't the denso ecu cracking is still in early days

One of the problems is rolling encryption, that is the main stumbling point

Manufacturers now employ some very clever technology in their ECU's, so if you replace the map, it can easily be detected if your car ever goes into the main dealer, it will then be put back to factory settings wiping out the map you have paid for. Not likely on an older car perhaps but for newer cars this is a major problem, especially if you take it back for recall work

I have heard of a couple of companies say they can do the work but have never actually seen it done as yet on a Denso system

Most places also offer a reversion service so can be put back to stock for such work then put the map back on

The company I used have been remapping Denso ECU's for years, but only recently started doing Toyota Denso's. They used the OBD port & it was quite a lengthy process, took almost 4 hours with multiple dyno sessions!

The Vauxhall densos have been being done for a long time ... The Toyota one's are so clever it's unbelievable I've been running mine mapped for a few days now to see how it gets on before we completely launch it

11986368_874990249248699_214171295698475

Sorry for the off topic, lads... :laughing: Just couldn't resist it! :P Why don't you enjoy your rides, instead of looking for 101 ways to kill them? :D

If mapped properly and safely you won't see an explosion

More fun...? No matter if you car has 100 or 1000 bhp, speed limit is still 30 mph in the city and 60-70 on the freeway. :goof:

Oh, wait... Did you say "more fun"...? I get it now! :Jumpy:

5-anything-that-makes-your-diesel-truck-

I take mine out on track, so more power definitely = more fun...and overheated brakes again.

Well, if it is on a track, then it's OK :driving: However, I can't imagine abusing my daily driver on the track and risking terminal damage over a few lousy bhp more and a couple of extra lbs of torque. If I had enough money to build and maintain a track car, this would be totally different story.

These engines leave the factory completely untuned with a generic map suitable for any country that the car is sold. Toyota engines are very tuneable & even when remapped are well within their level of tolerance.

Thanks Mike ... Any maps that I do are all safe gains ... I am in Cornwall where most roads are national some of them are too twisty to get to that speed but you can have fun going from corner to corner

More fun...? No matter if you car has 100 or 1000 bhp, speed limit is still 30 mph in the city and 60-70 on the freeway.

Speed limit may be what it is, doesn't mean you can't have some fun getting there. (safely of course)

Given the use of the word freeway I'm guessing USA? In the UK we have a lot of roads that are supposed to be a certain speed limit, however if you are to actually stick to that limit you are a huge hazard as opposed to keeping up with the flow of traffic. For example there has been an argument to increase the speed limit to 80mph or 90mph on motorways given most people drive around that speed anyway, even with the 70mph speed limit currently in force.

Yeah but not sure where.....

Avon tuning is £299

What's yours?

Just had mine remapped today..... Took it into local car service garage, they read my ecu and sent the file to www.quantumtuning.co.uk in Iver Bucks. File came back then was installed in car today.... Total cost was £199.

Not as thrilled with the outcome as some on here because I have gotten used to a tuning box up till now. I guess the jump in HP and torque isn't as big as say someone who has come from stock. But I am, happy with the result and it does mean I can now remove my eBay special tuning box.. Lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links