Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Managment, Trc &vcs Lights On Dash

Daniel123

hello.

yesterday i took my car to the garage to get a knocking noise checked out and it turned out that i need to get a new frontside driveshaft. however on the drive home i had three light pop up on the dash board. These were the Engine Managment light, TRC & VCS. i would like to know if anyone has had the same problem or any idea what it could possibly be??

thankyou

I think that the cabling and ABS sensor needs to be checked. Did the garage put it back, or worse still has any damage been done.

Those lights will come on, if any of the ABS sensors are faulty, disconnected or not secured properly. The ABS sensor is fixed to the hub via a small bolt, and I can tell you from experience, these can either be seized or snap when trying to remove. I had the latter and manage to remove the remaining part of the bolt successfully.

I used a bolt extractor and carefully drilled a tiny hole dead centre of the remaining bolt.

In the Avensis forum a few years ago, a member had a wheel bearing changed, but the garage drilled out the broken bolt (not extract it), then bored and tapped a new thread for a large bolt. He too had ABS lights on. He had to change the hub and was in conflict with the garage. These sensors need to be in place securely and if misaligned - ABS/traction controls lights!

If the sensor or cable is damaged, the it can be replaced. It can be unplugged in the wheel arch area.

Go back to the garage who did the work and make them check their work. Independent advice may be needed it not solved.

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2004/corolla-hb-ukp/zze123r-dgfgfw/3_153550_036_/electrical/8414_abs-vsc#90119W0053

Oh yes, did the garage do the centre drive shaft nut up properly and secured it with a split pin?

Also did they get the correct drive shaft with ABS castellated section, that is the same as the original, and in the same location? It has to be the same as any differences will cause wrong readings and cause the warning lights to show!

When they did the test they didn't remove anything they just moved the driveshaft around and saw there was movement where there shouldn't have been! i went and get the car diagnosed yesterday and there is a fault with the O2 sensor in the exhaust, lights get reset and after a while they came back on again but only when i turned my headlights on which is what happened the first time, do you think that maybe it is an electrical fault??