Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Out With The Old , In With The New !

james-rav4

After owning a 2002 petrol model for 4 years, which was very reliable we decided another one was due.

So popped down to Newport Toyota and a very nice 62 plate was there.

Collected her last Thursday , very happy indeed.

Its fully loaded , electric seats, side skirts, cruise etc ,only missing the sat nav which I'm not bothered about .

Gave her a good clean and wax , she needs a claying and DA polish which will be done hopefully over the Xmas holidays.

Can anyone advise on any known faults with these models?

Also How can I reset the average mpg on the dash?

Should I use Shell Nitro diesel for a couple of tanks to ensure a good clean out ?

Cheers

James

post-112702-0-81114000-1446416758_thumb.

post-112702-0-05620600-1446416779_thumb.

post-112702-0-96750500-1446416784_thumb.

post-112702-0-34890800-1446416806_thumb.

I do like that colour, its rare and I've only ever seen one like it in the flesh!

Do you know what the colour is called?

We own/owned quite a few RAVs over the years. Had a 12-reg XT-R D-CAT auto until about a year ago. Lovely car, no issues. Fitted it with the Lindop Chip from Kingo and it improved the MPG by about 12%.

Always, always, always use branded fuel - never supermarket pee. Personally I always use Nitro or Esso's equivalent. Only use BP when there is no Shell/Esso alternative.

Can't recall exactly how to zero the OBC but it was pretty straightforward; I'm sure the instructions will be in the handbook.

Good luck and enjoy.

thanks for the reply

is the Lindop chip easy to install, where can I find more info on this please?

yes think I'll use the Shell nitro.

found how to zero the OBC - push and hold the 'DISP' switch for about 1 sec according to the manual.

thanks for the reply

is the Lindop chip easy to install, where can I find more info on this please?

yes think I'll use the shell nitro.

found how to zero the OBC - push and hold the 'DISP' switch for about 1 sec according to the manual.

Parts King is a member of this forum and is the supplier of OEM Toyota parts to forum members at a discount. He works for Lindop Bros Toyota dealership, hence the name of the chip kit.

Look him up in the members list and then send him a PM to get the chip price for your car. Make sure to include your reg no so he can quote for the right bits.

thanks Jim.

is it an easy fit?

Yes, very easy; it comes with excellent, illustrated instructions. The only thing to watch out for is the connectors for the various systems under the bonnet - they can be awkward to undo but if you take the time to see how they unclip, they are easy after that.