Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyless Entry Not Working (2010 Avensis Tourer )

zippo876

Hi Guys,

I have got a 2010 (10 reg) Avensis Tourer diesel, since last 5 months my Keyless Entry unlocking is temperamental and not working On & Off.

I have tried 2 different dealers to rectify the issue, both of them kept the car for couple of days, reset something so it started to work properly but again within a month stopped working. And now I have to unlock the car by the key and unlock rest of the doors manually. I will explain in points below to understand it thoroughly:

1. Touch the door handle to unlock (while the key is in my pocket), hazard lights flash 5 times and a clicking sound can be heard 5 times (by the back right door), but car does not unlock

2. Then I am trying to unlock by pressing the unlock button on the remote, but the same Flashing & clicking sound happens

3. Then I have to unlock the car with the key, and unlock the rest of the doors manually (if require so)

4. Pressing the unlock button on the door panel has also stopped responding

5. Car is starting fine and there is no alarm or warnings regarding the remote

6. I have tried both the remotes, but no joy

7. I have changed remote batteries in both remotes, but nothing changed.

8. Once I start to drive, the car locks all the doors automatically as normal, but after the journey finish and open driver's door only unlocks this door and keep other doors locked (which use to unlock all the doors + boot)

9. Then to lock the car both procedures are working absolutely fine ie. either touching the door handle or locking by remote

I need some help & advice please, to solve this issue

Please ask any other question if I might have forgotten to mention

post-135710-0-21359700-1446506808_thumb.

-------------------UPDATE--------------------

I knew no one would have any idea about this problem, as I have searched and searched about this problem and couldn't find the solution.

Anyway, the problem turned out to be with the "BCU" Body Control Unit. It's been replaced to a brand new unit through Jemca Toyota (Sidcup), and the locking system is working absolutely perfect.

Thought to update this post about the solution.

• Like 1

Hi Maarji. Your fault is unusual or not happened to anybody on the forum. I have the ordinary system so could not answer your problem.

Thank you for updating this topic, as others in the future will now have an idea what to do. You have pioneered this new topic.

You must be very local to me, as I live in the same borough as the Jemca dealer. Been there for some bits for the cars.

How much did the fix cost you, if you don't mind answering?

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2008/avensis/zrt271r-awfepw/2_273560_041_410W/electrical/8420_wireless-door-lock/2

From the link above, the unit looks a straight swap. Did it need to be programmed to the car?

• 3 months later...

Hi Konrad,

I am in Kent, near Erith and my borough is Bexley.

I did not pay anything, as I have tried to deal with 2 other dealers to correct this problem, but either they did not want to solve the issue and keep resetting the unit for few days or they had no idea where the actual problem lied.

My car was under warranty, and I had to take the case further to Toyota's main head office to get the problem sorted even after my warranty ran-out.

After the new BCU I had to reconfigure all the settings for Audio system, locking/unlocking, seat memory etc. But (touch wood) since the new unit been installed the car is back to absolute normal.

• Like 1

Hi Maarij,

I live in the same the same borough just up the road in Belvedere. Glad everything has been sorted. As I said before and you discovered, your fault is the first of it's type and for the model. It is a rare fault on any car.

You fought your battle and won since you reported the fault whilst still in warranty. 

May bump into you one day, hopefully not literally.

Konrad