Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Defective Seat Heater - Replacable ?

Andre-K

first my wife's Avensis driver seat stopped heating - now mine. Her seat is covered with fabric, mine is leather.

Is it a big operation to replace the heating foil(?) - or is that a lot of work, or maybe a typical fault is somewhere else ?

I did check the electical connector that powers the seat, it's in place, and all the other seat functions/motors work.

Also , the heating control lits when the power setting is anything more than "off".

It looks impossible. I checked a couple of sites and the element is between the cushion packaging and the seat cover. If the cover and cushion are sown together, then you somebody skilled.

Worse still, the element is not available separately!

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2004/avensis/azt250r-awmghw/3_273550_025_223W/body/7101_front-seat-seat-track/3

thank you - I think it's kind of strange that both seat, and back part stopped heating, unless they are connected in series, that would imply a different failure, like is there is an thermostat or something more, tried to click PNC87501 to figure out but I guess the chematics are not detailed enough to revieal fully how the parts are connected.

If you can locate the connectors to the heater elements, you could disconnect and get a meter across the element terminals and check for resistance/continuity. On the power side check that there is current. Before that I assume you have checked the fuses?

no I did not check the fuses, because the heating control lits up, and all the other seat functions work fine, - I think I remember it was all on one fuse/circuit.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links