Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Pads?

woodways3

Hi i want to change the front discs and pads, Will pushing the caliper pistons back trigger a fault code ? If so will a simple code reader clear it ? Thanks .

If it helps, I've just repaired the rear brake calipers on my 2015 Hybrid Yaris, and in doing so I pushed back the pistons without any codes coming up.

I simply did not turn on the ignition until I had fully completed the work and had a firm brake pedal again.

• Like 2

If you dont disconnect the 12v Battery, and open the driver door, doesnt the brake system repressurize and eject the pistons if they aren't assembled?

Also if you disconnect the Battery, is the boot lock manual or electronic? Some sites recommend putting a towel over the lock so the boot wont close shut.

• Like 1

If you have a smart key, then make sure you keep it well away from the car while doing the brakes - the car 'awakens' as you approach it with the key and pressurises the brakes. I looked at this a while back, and found some to-do's on Prius Chat - do your research! It could be an expensive trip to the dealer to reset the system.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links