Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Power Above 3000 Rpm - D4D Engine

camcreme

Hi all

I have a 2002 Toyota Avensis verso 2.0 diesel, fitted with the 1 CD FTV diesel engine. At present has no power above and struggles to get above 3,000 rpm in 3rd gear and struggles to get above 60 mph. I have done a full diagnostic check and no codes were found, EGR was cleaned, no change, then blocked off, no change. MAF cleaned, no change, MAF cleaned no change. Boost has been checked, less than 1 psi. Fuel pressure was checked - was fine.

Is it the turbo or does anybody have any ideas - I.e. SVC

Has been serviced, could it be a dodgy fuel filter?

Please help was I'm pulling my hair out!!!!

Iain

Did the problem start after the service i would look at furl filter. It could be the scv valves but they are expensive. Member cmia who is not on here much advised me once to put the old ones in diesel overnight to clean them. Check all small vacumm pipes i once left the pipe for the map sensor off and it give me no boost symptoms

MAP sensor? Where is this located. I did take off the bottom pipe off the inter cooler - maybe a small pipe is on the inter cooler ?

post-145795-144753984047_thumb.jpgpost-145795-144753985542_thumb.jpg

Map sensor located at the front of the engine with two screws beside the inter cooler pipe on mine an 05 d4d. There is a small pipe going to it. My pipe had slipped off it and the car was driving like a pig. I replaced the scv valve and after advice from here seen the wee pipe wasn't connected. After putting it back on the car was back to normal

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem.

Try disconnecting the manifold hose.

If you See a better response You have an clogged intercooler and You should clean it internally

Could it be the egr that you have blocked off? Unplug the maf sensor and try it.and try the map sensor too.as the other posts say.

Could it be the egr that you have blocked off? Unplug the maf sensor and try it.and try the map sensor too.as the other posts say.

The Egr affect perfomance only up To 2500rpm. For higher revs Egr doesn't affect

Op says it struggling to get to 3000rpm therefore should that not effect performance at 2500rpm?

Has the fuel filter been primed right?air in the fuel line?

HI,

Thank you for the replies - EGR blanked off, same power before and after, I have also unplugged both the MAP sensor and MAF sensor at separate times, no change of power or the same power kick at 4,000 rpm in 3rd gear.

Reference the intercooler, when I bought the car the air filter was heavily blocked and the engine was using oil - thought it was the turbo but it turned out to be the air filter, once changed no loss of oil. I further checked the bottom of the intercooler and found some oil.

Fuel filter has been replaced and primed.

How much of a nut cracker is it to take off the intercooler??? The Manifold hose - disconnect at the intercooler??

You have To dismount the light beacons, then the front bumper, (search in youtube) and You will See it

It has only 4 screws

Before doing this, dismount the Battery, look for the manifold and remove this hose and test it

(sorry for my English)

Hi,

Disconnected inet pipe from the intercooler, car revs freely. Took it for a drive, accelerated freely, but slowly, no sudden boost at 4000 rpm, smooth, but slow. One other - exhaust gases are coming through the boost pipe, is this normal or is my turbo shot???

I have the same problem

This gases are from the vent engine oil

Disconect this small hose and You will See those gases

I put an oil catch can between the vent and the turbo. You can Google how to make one or You can buy it online

I still don't know the cause, I have done this 10 days ago

• 2 years later...

I have same what was the issue 

1 hour ago, avensisd4d786 said:

I have same what was the issue 

MAF sensor? I have mentioned to "I" elsewhere that it is a typical fault when the car has no performance. Try cleaning it first before deciding to replace. If cleaning, use MAF sensor cleaner or electrical contact spray. Do not use carb cleaner or throttle body cleaner. They are very aggressive and can damage the wire in the MAF sensor.   

Edited by Konrad C
Additional info
  • Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links