Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrades And Retro Fits. Buy The Right Car.

Konrad C

I have been noticing posts, regarding adding accessories, retro fitting or modifying cars. I have done the same.

When I bought my TR Tourer, I had a plan to add USB as the early models did not come fitted. In the end I got the adapter to cover the bluetooth and USB, since the built in bluetooth is very restrictive. My upgrade exceeds the official USB upgrade that Toyota supply. I can have two phones on hands free, plus bluetooth playback and USB support of memory cards of up to 32GB. All works through steering controls.

Since the TR came with most features, but missed others like electric folding mirrors, electric/heated seats. early audio unit was plain CD/MP3 audio unit with optional DAB, and the Navigation audio was optional.

The rear view mirror auto dimming, is not an option on the TR.

Then the upholstery or seat trim materials - leather with the T4/T Spirit, cloth only with the lower spec cars.

Now I see posts wanting to install some of the things mentioned above. Some of them will be very difficult to do others very straight forward. It would be easy for me to say, buy the correct model in the first place, but it does not always work that way.

I researched the cars I looked at and set the TR as my base mode, as it had everything I wanted, or could add easily.

The T2 has so much missing, the car has to be really cheap and the person buying does not miss any feature they had before! Manual rear window winders. No way!

I will now wait for somebody to post some of the upgrades they have completed.

"Then the upholstery or seat trim materials - leather with the T4/T Spirit, cloth only with the lower spec cars."

Just a note that half-leather was an option on the TR & when I was looking for my car there were a lot with that fitted in the trade (presumably ex-rental or ex-fleet?) - in fact in 1 garage I really should never have got out without buying 1 but the salesman was absolutely clueless ... :bangin:

Hi Konrad, regarding up-grades.

On my t-3x , I've fitted elec seats 2din dab player rear view camera shark fin aerial tinted rear windows, had alloy wheels painted same as body work 209 black ,it came with rear parking sensors , I'm just thinking of up grading the power fold mirrors to the ones with repeaters in.also up graded interior lights to LED ones. And last of all a stainless steel end pipe on the exhaust . The car looks very nice now. Next year I'm painting the break callipers black.

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

• Like 1

On my t-3x , I've fitted elec seats 2din dab player rear view camera shark fin aerial tinted rear windows, had alloy wheels painted same as body work 209 black ,it came with rear parking sensors , I'm just thinking of up grading the power fold mirrors to the ones with repeaters in.also up graded interior lights to LED ones. And last of all a stainless steel end pipe on the exhaust . The car looks very nice now. Next year I'm painting the break callipers black.

?Any pics at all...sounds nice.

?Any pics at all...sounds nice.

i would like to see pics too

• 1 month later...