Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacement Front Speakers For '91 Corolla

Dan-OH

Does anyone know of a good replacement speaker to use for the 4" dash OEM Speakers on a 4dr sedan (somtimes called a size 4T speaker)? Something that will fit with very little or no modification work? Please let me know. I have already had to send some that I ordered via the internet back because they were not as pictured (4 mounting holes instead of 2 + the magnet didn't fit in the space provided :ffs:). Thanks!

Try find original OEM units from a scrap yard. Or get decent aftermarket ones and modify the mounting if it's not going to damage the visible (outer) area.

Sony (shudder at the thought) actually make some nice sounding 4" Speakers, a friend of mine at a stereo shop recomended them and i laughed at him, then he said try 'em free and if you like them buy them, so i did and i did... really suprised by the sony's ! funny looking molded red cones in 'em no idea what the model no. is though...

Had the same problem tryin to find decent 4" Speakers but Im getting some VIBE 4" components for the front of my '92 corolla soon, should fit fine in the space with the tweter mounted on the dash, only theyre goin to be running off an amp to be at theyre best ill let u know of theyre good. currently got sony A1026 4" coaxials in the front, ok except they cantr handle any bass at all, but u could do worse for £30

know what you mean about the bass.... but i have infinty 6x9's in the shelf and a 10" sub in the boot (in the correct size box) so bass has never been an issue for me LOL..

• 1 month later...

In case anyone else wants to know about this, I finally found some decent Kenwood Speakers that fit right in the dash mounts with very few problems :D. Just had to shave a little plastic off of the mounting box (for lack of a better description) for the right one to fit and bend the extra tabs on each speaker a little (originals have 2 & the replacements have 4). The Kenwood model number is KFC-1058S & I found them at cartoys.com for about $35.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links