Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Tourer Boot Storage

samski

Hi

I have recently purchased 2011 avensis tourer. I have noticed that in the boot there should be two borders for side pockets plus two borders attached under the hatches on each side (I hope I have explained correctly!). Could someone show me a photo of what I'm looking for? What is the best place to get the missing parts? Scrap yard or toyota?

Also, do you guys use cargo net at all? If so any specific one that fits in nicely?

Thank you!

Here is the link for the boot area with part numbers:

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2011/avensis/zrt271r-awxepw/2_273560_073_410W/body/6404_deck-board-deck-trim-cover

The part numbers are 64744-05010 left-hand, 64743-05010 right-hand.

The cargo net came with my 2009 TR Tourer, and should standard across all trims. I was not aware the car had one, until I was examining the car.

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2011/avensis/zrt271r-awxepw/2_273560_073_410W/body/6404_deck-board-deck-trim-cover/2#64230

When buying a car, unless you know what should come with the car, and/or seen a few examples, it is easy to miss the missing parts. I had a few minor bits missing that came to the total of £8. It depends on how well the car was cared for.

Make sure all the tools especial the EPB tool is there!

Thank you very much Konrad C!

Very helpful!

The cargo net i meant the one that attaches to movable points on rails on boot floor, while you showed me the one that divides the cargo space from cabin if I'm not mistaken?

What is EPB tool please? I hope I got it!

Wysłane z mojego SM-N9005 przy użyciu Tapatalka

afaik the cargo net that Konrad mentions is not standard on all trims but I could be wrong or it could be a year thing, However, if you have the rails in the boot of your car you probably have one of the higher trims (T4, Tspirit) & therefore probably have it.

Toyota has 2 nets available for your car if it's a non-facelift (which I'm guessing from the 2011), a vertical (across the tailgate aperture) & a horizontal. On my facelift Tourer there is only a horizontal listed as in the facelift they deleted the fixing points for the vertical - however, thanks to the wonders of eBay I managed to come up with a solution & for less than the price that Toyota would have charged for the oem solution (if one had still been available).

EPB is electric/electronic parking brake. If it fails to release there is a little tool (like a large allen key )that comes with the car that can release it.

Going on from Konrad's link you may find http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2011/avensis/adt271r-awfgxw/2_273560_024_410W/body/6404_deck-board-deck-trim-cover useful but just check for your model no. (ADT270/271R-xxxxxx).

btw in case you might be interested I have a spare oem Toyota Cargo Manager available for much cheaper than Toyota would charge you e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Toyota-Avensis-Tourer-Cargo-Manager-/360614728957 .

You can also see 1 of the side storage partitions in this photo - they only come as standard on high spec. trim levels.

afaik the cargo net that Konrad mentions is not standard on all trims but I could be wrong or it could be a year thing, However, if you have the rails in the boot of your car you probably have one of the higher trims (T4, Tspirit) & therefore probably have it.

Toyota has 2 nets available for your car if it's a non-facelift (which I'm guessing from the 2011), a vertical (across the tailgate aperture) & a horizontal. On my facelift Tourer there is only a horizontal listed as in the facelift they deleted the fixing points for the vertical - however, thanks to the wonders of ebay I managed to come up with a solution & for less than the price that Toyota would have charged for the oem solution (if one had still been available).

EPB is electric/electronic parking brake. If it fails to release there is a little tool (like a large allen key )that comes with the car that can release it.

Going on from Konrad's link you may find http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2011/avensis/adt271r-awfgxw/2_273560_024_410W/body/6404_deck-board-deck-trim-cover useful but just check for your model no. (ADT270/271R-xxxxxx).

btw in case you might be interested I have a spare oem Toyota Cargo Manager available for much cheaper than Toyota would charge you e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Toyota-Avensis-Tourer-Cargo-Manager-/360614728957 .

You can also see 1 of the side storage partitions in this photo - they only come as standard on high spec. trim levels.

Heidfirst, thank you very much! To be honest, I'm not sure about the trim... I looked into the boot and there is no cargo net present, just standard cargo cover/blind. Unless its hidden somewhere?

In regards to net, I was after small net that attached to the lugs in the floor, just a cheapo eBay will do I suppose?

something like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310103-BOOT-STORAGE-CARGO-NET-BUNGEE-TRUNK-LUGGAGE-TOYOTA-AVENSIS-MK3-T27-ESTATE-/111328686859?hash=item19ebb4f30b:g:1NEAAOxyYANTX22y

Could I please see your DIY job on the boot?

That luggage manager looks neat but not for that kind of money :D And I don't think I would benefit from it, to be honest ;)

And yes! That is the storage partition I was looking for until today, I am going to DIY it, as I got some material to make it from and also Toyota is asking around £60 plus vat for one...

Also, I thought that EPB may be what it is, and I have just checked and I got that tool present in the car kit.

How could I check what trim I got? VIN number?

KonradC, thank you, I have followed your link, got the tool in my kit, all as it should. Now into some DIYing and some eBay shopping for parts.

Thank you all for your replies, very helpful indeed :)

Have a good evening all!

if you have the cargo net integrated into the tonneau it retracts down into it when not in use - you will see a little bar raised at an angle at each end. (I'll maybe try a photo in the morning).

re. horizontal cargo net.: the official Toyota one is middle £30s iirc but a cheap eBay one like you linked should be fine. I would have thought that you could find one quite a bit cheaper than £24. I think that this is similar to the one that I got http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130835449568 although I use it vertically (doubled over) to prevent stuff falling out the back when I open the tailgate.

As I said my car is a facelift & they deleted the fixings for the vertical net in the facelift so I had to come up with fixings as well as find a net. If your car is not a facelift your car should have the fixings.

re. dividers: you might find this thread useful http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/145338-load-area-on-estate-side-compartment-dividers/

Re. trim level: did you not know what you were buying? :P How have you insured it? Your V5 (or insurance certificate I would have thought) should have it on it i.e. T2, TR, T4, T Spirit. If you have signed up for MyToyota that should also tell you.

• Like 1

if you have the cargo net integrated into the tonneau it retracts down into it when not in use - you will see a little bar raised at an angle at each end. (I'll maybe try a photo in the morning).

re. horizontal cargo net.: the official Toyota one is middle £30s iirc but a cheap ebay one like you linked should be fine. I would have thought that you could find one quite a bit cheaper than £24.

As I said my car is a facelift & they deleted the fixings for the vertical net in the facelift so I had to come up with fixings as well as find a net. If your car is not a facelift your car should have the fixings.

Re. trim level: did you not know what you were buying? :P How have you insured it? Your V5 (or insurance certificate I would have thought) should have it on it i.e. T2, TR, T4, T Spirit. If you have signed up for MyToyota that should also tell you.

haha you're right, it says TR! Didn't realise it could be trim ;) And to be fair, the car I bought, it was the first toyota I've seen and I bought it... Got really tired of dishonest car traders... seems like really difficult task to find decent car from PRIVATE seller!

Thanks for reminding about the insurance! To be fair, its over a week and I still haven't received paperwork through the post...

Regarding that net, yes, I;ve seen cheapos on eBay, so will just pick one.

How much are you selling your cargo manager for? PM me please if you don't want to say public.

Thanks!

if it's a TR I am not sure that your car has the metal channels for it to run in (it's hard to keep up with the little spec. changes that happen yearly or even 6-monthly)?

If it does let me know & I'll send you a PM.

btw I updated my post above with a few links.

Avensis-Tourer-interior-566px.jpg

Yes, it has exactly same channels like in the photo (unless there were different variations of channels too!).

Thank you for the link, will have a look!

Wysłane z mojego SM-N9005 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links