Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Auris Hybrid... Fuel Consumption During Winter

Toyota_Auris_Hybrid

Are you buying a brand new car or used one? If you buy a new one then I would say go for whatever you like to drive and makes you feel happy, but if you buying a used car 3 years and older there is no doubt the hybrid is better option. When Diesel cars gets old they had so many thinks to go wrong and they always do so the money you save from fuel you will spend on repairs, also with the time their efficiency and cleanliness will decrease so no win here, also diesels are rough to drive in traffic and hybrids are so smooth that sometimes you may feel as a pax too instead of a driver. You can drive hours without getting too tired. No one likes diesels anymore which means higher fuel prices, tax duties and poor value in future sales. Diesels are yesterday, today's are hybrids and full electrics (hydrogen) are the next. 

I'd be buying a previous year plate (so upto a year old) - seen some lovely Auris' for £15k - one even has just 10 miles on the clock!

If you go for an Auris Hybrid all is good, I think a year old one are great deal as you said, but If you thinking of diesel they are horribly noisy  and unrefined, better get a VW. 

Good luck 

• Like 1

Hi all, I've bought a 62 plate Auris HSD with only 15k on the clock £9500. Absolute bargain and I love it. Thanks for all your comments it really helped, I'm staying away from diesel from now on, dirty horrible things that they are :)

• Like 2

Well done there. Great car, so relaxing. Don''t think about it get one thats what I say ( My keyboards a bit strange) Like Tonino says.You can drive them all day and not get tired. Mines a taxi and its fabulous, meanwhile the others in town are all driving dirty diesels and wont listen to me. Crazy. Most of all though, my customers love it and I get requests for it, add in the fact that ( and I keep this up to date on here) its still in the low 60s mpg even in this weather, is very comfortable and effortless to drive, its a no brainer for anyone wanting another car. Everyone should have one.

• Like 1

On 08/02/2016 at 11:15 AM, Grey Wolf said:

Hi all, I've bought a 62 plate Auris HSD with only 15k on the clock £9500. Absolute bargain and I love it. Thanks for all your comments it really helped, I'm staying away from diesel from now on, dirty horrible things that they are :)

Congrats!

How is it?

Any pics?

• 2 months later...
On 06/12/2015 at 4:37 PM, Wayne2015 said:

Good luck with the EXCELLENT!

I had my Auris for 3 months and its only ever flashed EXCELLENT at me once :(

But I guess I had never ever reached the official mpg of 72?!!!!

Best I got was 70.6 the other night,

But I cheated as I got 68 at home, so egged on by my kids to get 70, I drove around the block until it hit 70.6 - LOL

I can get Excellent some days and others i could swear i have driven more economical, but shows much less for the same drive home from work.

All i need to do is get my average up past 57Mpg, still getting close to 430 to 450 miles on 36 litres. So im happy when compared to my previous corolla verso 1.8 t spirit which needed about 56 litres for 400 to 430 miles. Just a pitty the boot size on my mk1 Auris hsd is so tiny .

On 07/12/2015 at 2:56 PM, Wayne2015 said:

Mine is:

2012 Mk1 Auris Hybrid

T-Spirit with 17" Wheels

Now with 17" All season Tyres (Michelin CrossClimate)

46,000miles

Think mine is 69mpg official (compared with 15" 72?) iirc

What recall?

Can i ask you what tyre size was your car fitted with from new?

Mine has 215 45 r17 and the crossclimate aren't showing in that size.

On 26/01/2016 at 3:15 PM, WildWayz said:

Hi guys

Looking to get an Auris and I am coming up with some conflicting info that I was hoping you might be able to clear up with regards to the economy.

This article ( http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1302172/JAMES-MARTIN-The-Toyota-Auris-Hybrid-built-Britain-does-700-miles-tank.html ) claims James Martin got over 700 miles out of a tank from real world driving... but from speaking to others, it is around 400-450 Miles.

I bumped into a guy with a Yaris hybrid yesterday who was singing its praise, and he said he gets a pretty solid 54MPG - or 65MPG over summer. 

I am light footed as my commute is a 50mi round trip from just outside Huddersfield to Leeds - which is a mixture of
City + Rush hour M62 driving
or
Rural + traffic driving
Lots of hills. 

I currently drive a 1.4L Petrol Corsa that has a 45 Litre tank and I get between 280-360 miles per fill (depending on short trips, or longer journeys ie down to my parents in Norfolk).

I basically want something which is an automatic and is economical - so hoping the Hybrid fits it :)

Hi,

I have a 2010 Auris, also drive my mothers 2013 Yaris. Both cars are good, only major difference is the yaris has a 1.5 litre engine compare to 1.8 in the auris.

Like both but prefer the Auris, as i prefer the Prius style drive mode selector and it's quicker.   ;-)