Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hill Start Assist , Xpression 2014

dustyjoe

My daughter has just bought an Aygo and i thought they come with Hill Start Assist? Does anyone have any idea if they do. If yes how does it work, because when i am on a hill it will roll back when brake has been applied

Cheers

Hill Assist Control is activated by pushing the brake pedal harder after stopping when the vehicle is in a forward gear. It will apply the brakes for up to two seconds after the brake pedal is released, which should prevent the vehicle from rolling backwards.

Hill Assist Control is activated by pushing the brake pedal harder after stopping when the vehicle is in a forward gear. It will apply the brakes for up to two seconds after the brake pedal is released, which should prevent the vehicle from rolling backwards.

^^^^^ This

Works very well and you soon get used to it. It ISN'T an electronic parking brake as some seem to think as the car is only held for 2 seconds. Only slightly tricky bit is to keep in your mind how much of a slope you have to be on before it cuts in.

Gonna take her car out and play around with it when i got the chance, not something i would bother about, but hill starts and parking are not her strong point ;)

The idea is good and in stop start traffic uphill it's great. The problem I had is it didn't always engage so had a few moments where I just started to roll back. See if your one is any better.

You have to be on a reasonable slope before it will activate. On a moderate incline ,just enough to make the car roll backwards it won't engage. This makes it difficult to rely on. But when it works it's great

Thought i would keep the next subject in this thread. Where is the rear camera installed? Is it behind the glass on the boot door?

no you dont, just keep your foot on the brake only lift off when you want to move off

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links